X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by francrouge View Post
    Hi

I'm looking to buy a roomba but i'm kind have a low budget so is there a model with wifi that work well with the plugin ?

Thx
    Question, what is a low budget? I'm gonna say the cheapest one with Wi-Fi is not what many will consider low budget.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
      Question, what is a low budget? I'm gonna say the cheapest one with Wi-Fi is not what many will consider low budget.
      like 800$

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
        I saw the 690 as wifi would it work ?

Comment

Someone else may confirm the 690 but I haven't tested that. I have a 960 that it works with and its 599.00 retail before discounts. So your well under budget, but yes check more into the 690 first.

Also understand how the cleaning patterns work. I upgraded my lower model to a 900 series due to poor bouncing off wall pattern and running out of battery before back to dock.

Comment

Blade et al. Is there a better method of getting the udername and password yet? I wil be honest I have never worked in Node JS or github and I have no idea where to start. I have been at this for 4 hours already. Is there a more detailed walkthrough or is there a chance someone can assist?

Comment

At one point this may have worked with the 960 but it no longer does. Guess its off to IFTTT

Comment

Originally posted by CameronHilliard View Post
                At one point this may have worked with the 960 but it no longer does. Guess its off to IFTTT
                I think your spreading false info. I have had a 960 and I still do and it works.

Comment

the roomba has not been connected for 2 days. I dont think this constitutes working. looking into threads this seems to have been an issue with a few people which never got resolved. the passwords change

Comment

the roomba has not been connected for 2 days. I dont think this constitutes working. looking into threads this seems to have been an issue with a few people which never got resolved. the passwords change
                    This is only for the 960 model? Mine is connected now and password has not changed yet. The plugin itself may have some hiccups but has nothing to do with the 960 model. As far as why the passwords change for some I'm unsure. Maybe the reset the roomba, for change wifi.

I have seen an issue before where after I updated hs3 I have had to cycle this plugin on and off again to get it to work. But that is also not a 960 issue. That's a plugin issue.

Right now with yours not connected in two days does a plugin on and off fix it? Or do you know what the issue is?

Comment

Sorry for the late response. I have been travelling. So yes I installed a plugin which allows me to auto enable/disable the plugin when certain messages come up. I did this manually today to ensure my events were working right, and I am not seeing any of my roombas update with status. A big key pointing in the direction of a changing password is the fact that it can't even pull my schedule which I can see still clearly exists on my roomba app. I am not sure what is changing my password so often for my roombas, but if anyone has found a way around that I would greatly appreciate sharing that info. I hear alot of people say there passwords arent changing, so maybe it is something on my side that is triggering it? I have assigned static IP addresses to all of my roombas and I do not regularly restart my router. When I get back stateside I might call roomba tech support and try to finesse some answers into what will trigger a change. At least that way we have a reason.

Comment

Are you sure the password is actually changing and the plugin is not just failing to communicate? I have found that if I do some plugin updates not related to BLRoombaWifi for some reason my roomba plugin stops responding shortly after or during those other plugins being updated. After turning the plugin off for a bit and back on or after rebooting homeseer the plugin works again. I have not had to redo the password. I'm still trying to look into why the plugin seems to stops responding after certain other plugins being updated.

So in you case it would be nice to know if you recently updated other plugins before this happened and if a reboot of HS3 (try this if plugin reboot doesn't fix it) or a long Plugin reboot fixes this. Or you should see the old roomba password and compare to new.

I also have static IP (in router side, per MAC) on my roomba and don't reboot the router. I use a Unifi USG and Multiple Unifi AP's.

Comment

I actually went and redid the Doritos process again last time this happens and I saw that I had a different password. This is how I know it isn’t something with the plugin only. My pswd actually changed.

Comment

Trying the i7+, ran dorita980 and I got the password but nothing else (specifically the BLID). any thoughts?

btw ... using node js on windows
                            Password=> :1:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <= Yes, all this string.
                            Use this credentials in dorita980 lib

This is all I get.

Update ...
                            Ok disregard ... I was able to use wireshark to get the information. So far at first glance it appears to work with the i7 series as well I'll report back once fully tested.

10/24/18 - sadly I think I have to report this plugin does not work in its current state with the i7. At first glance it appeared to work however it soon It grabs the CPU and runs away. Perhaps in the future there will be an update.

10/27/18 - Worked with Blade and determined that somehow my password changed. once corrected the plugin works without consuming the CPU. Some of the "features" do not work, could be differences in the new model software. Core functions work though.
                            Last edited by mystic860; October 27, 2018, 08:17 PM.

Comment

I told you guys these passwords were changing.... Any ideas on a workaround or fix?

Comment

I told you guys these passwords were changing.... Any ideas on a workaround or fix?
                                My 960 is still the same password as it was almost a year ago now. I'm going to assume the password change only happens during a certain chain events. Maybe after requesting the password (Holding the home button down) several times it causes that. I still have plugin issues though, high CPU and disconnects until plugin reboot. I now have a plugin (think its called "Restart") that will auto power cycle when the last update time doesn't change after the roomba was requested to run or if CPU starts getting to high. So I no longer see the issue but can see the plugin request.

Comment

Working...
                                X