No updates...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No updates...

Recently (I believe after a recent update, but can't be sure), the APCUPSD Plugin stops reporting updates from the clients at approximately 1:15 am everyday. There is no scheduled activity (i.e. backups, events, etc.) that run at this time on HS that would conflict and I've verified the clients are running OK (both are on different hosts). A stop/restart of the plug-in fixes the problem. Any suggestions...

Interesting... I have been noticing that my UPS has been losing sync lately too. I am running my UPS on any ANYWHEREUSB device and I thought that might have caused some problems.

However, the UPSd doesn't show any events, but the HS plugin does.

I just changed my plugin to use the the address 127.0.0.1 instead of my HS IP address. I was wondering if something was trying to use the same IP address (doubtful). I rebooted the machine-- and when I did, a HS process was still running.

I added an event to email me when the sync loss happens. I will see if I can correlate it to a time. I don't think you are alone.
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

What does the apcupsd monitoring tool in the Windows status bar report? Does it also report it lost the network connection with the service?

Comment

The window daemon is reporting no errors. It does however say the UPS has been running for 17.6 minutes-- there have been no outages or anything and that time is not increasing (???) Is this odd?

I changed to use the local IP and rebooted last night and have not seen an error since.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

I had set up a few triggers in the plugin to tell me "LOST COMMUNICATION WITH UPS", and "GAINED COMMUNICATION WITH UPS".

This morning, my phone starting pinging. It lost COMM, and then regained it, LOST it, regained it, and just lost it again. (edit: regained it)

I checked the APCUPSD events: it has not lost communication with the UPS. It booted up on the 18th and there was a brief power failure on the 21st.

I am running the UPS on a Anywhere USB: and I did have to upgrade the drivers for that some time ago: but when I did, the APCUPSd would log lost comm with the UPS. Now that program is no longer doing that. It is quite happy.

The APCUPSd is running on the same machine-- using address 127.0.0.1...

HS Log:
          Jul-23 9:57:33 AM Event Event Trigger "Scripts Regained communication with UPS"
          Jul-23 9:44:33 AM Event Event Trigger "Scripts Lost communication with UPS"
          Jul-23 9:42:32 AM Event Event Trigger "Scripts Regained communication with UPS"
          Jul-23 9:30:32 AM Event Event Trigger "Scripts Lost communication with UPS"
          Jul-23 9:27:32 AM Event Event Trigger "Scripts Regained communication with UPS"
          Jul-23 9:16:32 AM Event Event Trigger "Scripts Lost communication with UPS"

Any ideas? I will leave it in this state for a bit as it took a while to get here...

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

I assume the APCUPSD plugin (tcp/ip) communication with the APCSUPSD service did not get interrupted. Just the communication between the APCUPSD service and the UPS (via USB) as reported status flags / events. I have not experienced this, so not sure what that could be. Are the APCUPSD plugin / HS3 running on Windows or Linux? I also suppose no VM involved but physical hardware (just to eliminate that layer).

Comment

> I assume the APCUPSD plugin (tcp/ip) communication with the APCSUPSD service did not get interrupted.

I am not sure about that. The APCUSPd is running locally and the service is not reporting any interruption to the UPS over the USB. If I unplug it; or the network cable for the Anywhere USB-- I will see them in the APCUPSd event viewer.

Where is Massachusetts are you?

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Is there anything I can turn on or do to get more data for you?

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Some more data...

Turned on verbose debugging...

Connection refused with the UPS1... Odd.....
                  -----------------

Jul-23 1:58:49 PM Event Event Trigger "Scripts Lost communication with UPS"
                  Jul-23 1:58:49 PM APCUPSD (UPS1) Debug Entered SetDeviceValue(). Setting Device Ref: 500, Value: 0
                  Jul-23 1:58:49 PM APCUPSD (UPS1) Debug Update devices for UPS1
                  Jul-23 1:58:49 PM APCUPSD (UPS1) Debug QueryStatusAndEvents - Connected and query status
                  Jul-23 1:58:49 PM APCUPSD (UPS1) Warning Communication error with UPS1 upon connect: Connection refused.
                  Jul-23 1:58:49 PM APCUPSD (UPS1) Debug Entered tcpClient_onError for UPS1
                  Jul-23 1:58:49 PM APCUPSD (UPS1) Debug QueryStatusAndEvents - Query status for UPS1 from network
                  Jul-23 1:58:49 PM APCUPSD (UPS1) Debug Entering QueryStatusAndEvents for UPS1
                  Jul-23 1:58:49 PM APCUPSD Debug Entered refreshTimer_Elapsed()
                  Jul-23 1:58:49 PM APCUPSD Debug --------------- refreshTimer START -----------------
                  Jul-23 1:57:49 PM APCUPSD Debug --------------- refreshTimer END -----------------

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
                    > I assume the APCUPSD plugin (tcp/ip) communication with the APCSUPSD service did not get interrupted.

I am not sure about that. The APCUSPd is running locally and the service is not reporting any interruption to the UPS over the USB. If I unplug it; or the network cable for the Anywhere USB-- I will see them in the APCUPSd event viewer.

Where is Massachusetts are you?
                    Not that far from Carlisle... near the BEdford/Billerica line.... but traveling a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                      Not that far from Carlisle... near the BEdford/Billerica line.... but traveling a lot.
                      Near Augustas Sub Shop?

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
                        Turned on verbose debugging...

Connection refused with the UPS1... Odd.....
                        -----------------

Jul-23 1:58:49 PM Event Event Trigger "Scripts Lost communication with UPS"
                        Jul-23 1:58:49 PM APCUPSD (UPS1) Debug Entered SetDeviceValue(). Setting Device Ref: 500, Value: 0
                        Jul-23 1:58:49 PM APCUPSD (UPS1) Debug Update devices for UPS1
                        Jul-23 1:58:49 PM APCUPSD (UPS1) Debug QueryStatusAndEvents - Connected and query status
                        Jul-23 1:58:49 PM APCUPSD (UPS1) Warning Communication error with UPS1 upon connect: Connection refused.
                        Jul-23 1:58:49 PM APCUPSD (UPS1) Debug Entered tcpClient_onError for UPS1
                        Jul-23 1:58:49 PM APCUPSD (UPS1) Debug QueryStatusAndEvents - Query status for UPS1 from network
                        Jul-23 1:58:49 PM APCUPSD (UPS1) Debug Entering QueryStatusAndEvents for UPS1
                        Jul-23 1:58:49 PM APCUPSD Debug Entered refreshTimer_Elapsed()
                        Jul-23 1:58:49 PM APCUPSD Debug --------------- refreshTimer START -----------------
                        Jul-23 1:57:49 PM APCUPSD Debug --------------- refreshTimer END -----------------
                        Odd that the connection was refused. Is there a firewall or firewall configuration that changed?

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                          Odd that the connection was refused. Is there a firewall or firewall configuration that changed?
                          No. It runs under windows and auto updates are off. I shut off the plugin restarted it and the problem persisted. I shut off the APC tray and rebooted it and the problem persisted. I rebooted Homeseer and the problem persisted.

I rebooted the machine and the problem went away for now.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Both of my client instances are different machines, but it really appears to be an issue with the plug-in, not client communication. At least in my configuration, it appears to happen consistently between 1:15 and 1:18 am every day -- the same time HS appears to be be consolidating the Energy database:

Jul-30 1:18:56 AM Energy DB Info All energy database compacting routines completed.
                            Jul-30 1:18:56 AM Energy DB Database is 357.7061 MB in size. No further compaction needed.
                            Jul-30 1:18:56 AM APCUPSD Error An unexpected error occured in the Monitoring Timer function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.GetINISetting(String section, String key, String default_val, String FileName) at HSPI_APCUPSD.HSPI_INSTANCE.get_UPS_IsEnabled() at HSPI_APCUPSD.HSPI.networkTimer_Elapsed(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)]
                            Jul-30 1:15:00 AM Log Info The log database is currently 3.55MB in size.
                            Jul-30 1:06:23 AM Energy DB Info Compacting remaining data...
                            Jul-30 1:06:09 AM Energy DB Info Compacting data older than 4 months...
                            Jul-30 1:06:00 AM Energy DB Info Compacting data older than 1 year...
                            Jul-30 1:06:00 AM Energy DB Info Compacting data older than 3 years...
                            Jul-30 1:06:00 AM Energy DB Info Compacting data older than 5 years...
                            Jul-30 1:06:00 AM Energy DB Info Compacting data older than 10 years...
                            Jul-30 1:06:00 AM Energy DB Info Energy database compaction initiated.

Comment

So I had it happen again yesterday. I tried to turn on and off the plugin. No luck. I tried to turn on and off the APC daemon. No luck.

I then tried to reboot homeseer. It exited just fine: however, when I went to restart it: it said a homeseer process was still running. I tried to manually kill it and it wouldn't die.

I had to reboot the machine.

I am not sure your plugin is the problem: but it might be the canary in the coal mine to a larger Homeseer issue....

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Working...
                              X