Can't see Sonos devices listed in HSTouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dgruehn View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. Followed the instructions and the log file is attached. Problem is I don't see the Sonos players in the drop down lists for music templates.
    I looked through the log file but for some mysterious reason the HS server doesn't seem to ask the Sonos plugins whether the sonos players exist. I'm going to compare it with my setup later tonight, but I would like you to try something:

1. Can you close HST designer, make sure a zone is playing and start HST designer again, see if that makes a difference.
    2. Alternatively, shut down HS, makes sure a zone (or some of the zones) is playing, then start HS, then start HST designer and see if that makes a difference.

I know that the HS-Server maintains state of the players and when they actually play, the server polls the player pretty much every second to get track position etc. I wonder whether at start-up something similar is happening (or not happening) where the server is not querying the plugin for the right information because the plugin (perhaps at startup) isn't generating some undocumented event that gets the HS server to do its thing (query the sonosplugin for all the zones it has).

Dirk

Comment

Tried both suggestions with a zone running and still no joy. No Sonos zones show up in the music template list box...

Comment

Tried both suggestions with a zone running and still no joy. No Sonos zones show up in the music template list box...
        just checking ..... the media player shows up, correct? Anything else showing up in that pull down menu? Has this ever worked or did this get broken in one of the latest betas? I'm going to play around with my setup, either tonight or over the weekend but I really don't see anything wrong in your logs, really strange why HS is not querying the plugin.

Dirk

Comment

Yes media player shows up. I don't believe I have ever gotten this to work. Do you want me to downgrade to an earlier version?
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes media player shows up. I don't believe I have ever gotten this to work. Do you want me to downgrade to an earlier version?
            wouldn't downgrade, too much of a hassle, don't think that's the problem. Do see a ton of scripting events maybe it is a timing thing during start-up. If you don't use media player, how about deactivating it and see if that makes a difference. I've tried it on my set up with iTunes and Media player active and don't have a problem. Come to think of it, I may have each time actived iTunes and Media Player after Sonos was installed, could be a sequencing thing that I might have missed.

Any chance to post a picture of your HS device page showing the Sonos devices, see if anything there looks of kilter.

Dirk

Comment

Attaching screen shots. Just disabled MediaPlayer, shutting down HSPro and restarting...
              Attached Files

Comment

That did it! I disabled the MediaPlayer plugin, shutdown HSPro, rebooted, then started her back up. Loaded HSTouch and all my Sonos controllers now show up in the music interface listbox...

Thanks for the dedeicated and quick response support. Very much appreciated. Happy Holidays...

Comment

That did it! I disabled the MediaPlayer plugin, shutdown HSPro, rebooted, then started her back up. Loaded HSTouch and all my Sonos controllers now show up in the music interface listbox...

Thanks for the dedeicated and quick response support. Very much appreciated. Happy Holidays...

interesting, need to experiment with that a bit and see why HS is not doing what it is supposed to do.
                  Have fun
                  Dirk

Comment

Working...
                  X