Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLCBUS Error : Incorrect data length received

Hi Stipus,

I have a 2264E two load lamp module and 1141E usb interface (got to start somewhere!). I get the errors in the attached log file and as a result the module is slow to respond. When it does respond, it actually drives both loads, even though I have tried to send two addresses to the module.
    I have tried the drivers from Kevin's web site and from the cd he sent with the interface. I've installed it all on a different box to rule out any conflicts with the TI223 or anything else.

Any thoughts?

David
    Attached Files

I really don't know what could be the problem. It seems the interface is sending bad data to the plugin.

1) Can you control your module using the PLCBUS Control program from www.x10-hk.com ? Is everything OK using this program ?

2) Is this a new interface ? When did you buy it ? Did you buy it from x10-hk.com ?

3) Can you try to uncheck "wait for ack mode" in the PLCBUS Connector config

4) If nothing works, I can send you a special version of the plugin with a lot more debug info. This might help determine if the interface is bad or if it's the module.
    --
    stipus

Comment

Thanks Stipus,

1) I had tried to find a link to download this and couldn't; the only option I could find was to add it to the cart and then it gets into postage and all that... Also, on the description page it still says "Coming Soon" Do you have it? Or a direct link?

2) Yes, it's new - arrived last week and yes, bought from x10-hk.com . I will send Kevin an email to see if he has any ideas or options to swap...

3) Tried that, and it makes no difference; even with ack and debug turned off it still fills the log with the error.

4) That's an excellent idea, I think the issue is the interface as it does it when the module is turned off. I think the reason that both loads are assigned to the one address is because when I send the first address and the i/f or plugin doesn't see a response, the address gets resent and the module thinks it's being programmed with the second load address; does that sound plausible?

I'm leaving for work at stupid o'clock in the morning and I'm away until late Wednesday and the rest of the week is busy. So, if you do get it to me it'll probably be the weekend before I can get logs back to you.

I only have this wired to a test board (thankfully) so it isn't causing any problems with anything else yet, but I do want to prove it and make plans to swap out all my X10 bits.

Thanks for your help with this, much appreciated,

David

Comment

4) That's an excellent idea, I think the issue is the interface as it does it when the module is turned off. I think the reason that both loads are assigned to the one address is because when I send the first address and the i/f or plugin doesn't see a response, the address gets resent and the module thinks it's being programmed with the second load address; does that sound plausible?
        The plugin itself doesn't try to re-send the address. But maybe the interface does.

I'll create a special version of the plugin with advanced log turned on.
        --
        stipus

Comment

Here is version V1.16.2.2 with advanced debuging.

You need to edit Config/hspi_plcbus.ini, add the following to the Settings section and restart HomeSeer.

[Settings]
          Debug=True
          DebugReceivedBytes=True

Please post a debug log with the new messages.

[EDIT] Attachement removed.
          Last edited by stipus; January 22, 2008, 10:18 AM.
          --
          stipus

Comment

Thanks Stipus,

New log file attached...
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure about what's happening. The data doesn't look wrong, but is not the same as the data I get with my interface.

2 5 57 240 34 0 0 3

In the PLCBUS protocol document I have, the second byte (5= frame length) should be 6 for received frames. Then one byte is missing from your frame (RX/TX Switch register).

I guess it might be a new firmware ???
              I'm going to send a message to Kevin Lo about this.
              --
              stipus

Comment

Thanks again, I'll send Kevin an email tomorrow also. I'll let you know if anything of relevance. Let me know if there is anything else you need from me.

David

Comment

Kevin sent me a copy of the test program, which I have executed remotely and sent him back the resulting log file.

David

Comment

Kevin told me he found the same problem in the log file he got from you.

He is going to send you a new PLCBUS-1141 interface.
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

I had an email from Kevin a few minutes ago saying he would post anther to me, that'll be me sorted. All I need to do then is buy the plugin and more plcbus modules....

Comment

I received the new interface from Kevin today. I tried it on the test program and HS and I'm very happy because it works perfectly.

I just wanted to express my thanks to Stipus and Kevin for outstanding support and assistance.

David

Comment

Nice to hear it worked
                          --
                          stipus

Comment

New PLCBUS error

Hi,
                            I moved my HS to a new machine and I'm getting the following in the log:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>16/03/2009 18:06:23 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>PLCBUS </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>PLCBUS Connector V1.24.2.2 Copyright 2007-2008 stipus@stipus.com</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>16/03/2009 18:06:23 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Initializing Plug-in: PLCBUS Connector on COM port 5</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>16/03/2009 18:06:23 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>PLCBUS </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Debug Mode activated. Waiting 0 secs...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>16/03/2009 18:06:23 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>PLCBUS Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Found Lamp device P1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>16/03/2009 18:06:23 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>PLCBUS Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Found Appliance device P2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>16/03/2009 18:06:23 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Finished initializing plug-in PLCBUS Connector</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>16/03/2009 18:06:33 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>PLCBUS Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>PLCBUS Error : Serial port error: Frame</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>16/03/2009 18:06:33 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>PLCBUS Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>PLCBUS Error : Incorrect start frame data received in ReadState.Initial</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                            errors every 3 seconds
                            thanks
                            GAry

Comment

You must have selected the wrong COM port, or the PLCBUS interface is dead.

Every message sent from the PlcBus interface to the computer on the COM port always start with the same byte (Start Frame Byte).

--> Try selecting another com port
                              --> Try restarting HomeSeer
                              --> Try reinstalling the com port drivers.
                              --
                              stipus

Comment

Working...
                              X