• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VWS plug-in returning incorrect data

On the config page --- Please select under:

Choose CSV, DBase or Both Processing:

Both

This will allow realtime updates(data.csv) as well as the extended format (dBase.csv) to update your devices.

Make sure the CSV files are stored where you think they are and that HS plug-in is also pointed there.

Also check if you have Scaling Enabled on the config page.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Problem appears to be dbase.csv only mode

Larry,

Thanks for the response. I'm running Virtual Weather Station Base Edition which doesn't support creating the real time csv file. I reinstalled the VWS software without entering the registration code, allowing me to run the SW in Internet Edition which supports creating the real time data.csv file. Pointing the plug-in to both the dbase.csv and data.csv files and setting the plug-in to use both files worked. Switching the plug-in to use just dbase.csv caused the error to reapear. Guess I need to upgrade VWS to the Pro Edition.

I haven't researched it in detail but it appears there is a problem with the plug-in when it is configured to use just the dbase.csv file. Looking at the log I posted I assume your plug-in first reads the dbase.csv file to gather the extended data then overwrite some of the real-time data with data from data.csv. While this makes sense if the plug-in is configured to use both files, something not right is happening when the plug-in is configured to only use the dbase.csv file. My guess is the plug-in is still trying to get real-time data but since the plug-in is configure to only use the dbase.csv file, it is pulling data a second time from the same file. The two csv files do not store data in the same columns causing the second data file read to insert the incorrect data.

Upgrading to the Pro Edition will solve my problem, but I suggest fixing the dbase.csv only issue if you plan to support the Base Edition.

George

Comment

Thanks that additional information is helpful...and you are correct the extend version does over write the other...will check into the subroutines...to see what is the problem there.
        -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Working...
        X