Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the balance shift 100% to the L?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does the balance shift 100% to the L?

I upgraded to 1.0.0.49 and now I am encountering a weird behavior. One of my zones only plays the left channel. When I go into the Sonos Controller and select the equalizer, I can rebalance it...but we've never played with the balance setttings so curious as to why/how this happens?

I am assuming it is related to the Plug-In because that is all that changed, but not sure why even then...

Any ideas?
    A

Originally posted by arthurya View Post
    I upgraded to 1.0.0.49 and now I am encountering a weird behavior. One of my zones only plays the left channel. When I go into the Sonos Controller and select the equalizer, I can rebalance it...but we've never played with the balance setttings so curious as to why/how this happens?

I am assuming it is related to the Plug-In because that is all that changed, but not sure why even then...

Any ideas?
    A
    Hi Arthurya,

the plug-in is not doing anything with balance settings, at least not intentionally.

You wrote that you upgraded to v.049, what version did you upgrade from? In v48 and v42, the actions associated with events were changed and I suspect maybe that's were the problem lies, you would have to re-create those actions by opening them, make sure they look OK (or correct them) and then save them again. If this is the case, it would mean that an event fired and the actions are wrong (think of it like the volume setting ends up in the balance setting). I wrote some code to deal with old events and new code but there might be a bug in it and the best would be to check them and fix them if they are wrong. Even if they look OK, make sure you save them again because now they will be stored in the HS Database with all the proper information.

I hope going forward I'll never have to ask users to re-create their actions because unfortunately HS does not support the capability to change the information in their database, at least not open to plug-in authors.

I added some future (hidden) elements which would prevent re-creating if someone tomorrow came up with a great request to add some other actions to the plug-in.

Let me know if that was the cause and if not, see if you can re-create when it happens, preferable turn debug on, re-create it and email me your log file.

Dirk

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Dirk. I believe that was the problem. I recreated (resaved) the events, and it seems to be working now.

A

Comment

Working...
      X