Bug with v3.0.1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug with v3.0.1.0

I found what appears to be a pretty big bug in v3.0.1.0 of the plugin. When the alarm is turned on a change in any zone causes all the zones to reflect a change. Please let me know how to contact the developer of the plugin so we can this issue resolved.

Thanks!

Please describe your scenario a little further. What equipment are you using? How is it interfaced to HS3? Please describe the sequence of steps you perform to arrive at the error situation (e.g. arm the alarm, open a door which changes a zone and XYZ happens with the alarm and with the plugin in HS3)

Have you turned on DEBUG logging? If not, please use the config page to check the debug box and then exercise the problem once or twice. You should end up with a debug log under your HS3 directory in HS3\Logs\NapcoDebug.log Post that to the thread to help with debugging.

Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Hi Nathan,

I am using a Napco 9600 with the Gem-Auto interface. When the alarm is not turned on the last time of change updates individually for each zone (example: if I am in the garage moving around only the garage "last change detected" is updated). With the alarm turned on a change in any zone causes that "last change detected" for everything in that area to be changed to the current time. I will send you the diag log sometime this weekend to see if that helps troubleshoot the issue. Also, I used the Homeseer branded plug-in for Napco for years and this problem did not occur with it.

Marty

Comment

No need to post the logs. I reproduced what you described and I believe I've found the fix.

The basic design is that the zones attached to an area need to stay in sync with that area. All zones need to arm for a newly armed area and all disarm when that area disarms. There is the case, however, of an armed area when a zone trips, we don't want all the zones getting updated just because they belong to the area, which is what you saw. For some reason I was missing a bit of logic to say if the zone for an area is already armed, don't mark it as armed in HS3 again next time through the internal update routine. This v3.0.1.1 fixes that. I'd like you to test this out before I release it generally.

Are you familiar with using the updater_override.txt method to pull down an unreleased version of a plugin into HS3? Basically get the file at the link below and copy it to your HS3 install directory then go to Manage Plugins and refresh the list of plugins. This time it will only find this one "remote update" for Napco Gemini 3.0.1.1. Install it and then remove the file updater_override.txt from your HS3 directory so you can continue to get the normal updater list.

http://www.kazteel.com/HomeSeer3/Nap...r_override.txt

Thanks
        Nathan
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you have resolved my concern.

I will apply the update shortly and test.

Thanks again!

Comment

Hi Nathan,

I have applied the updated and it has resolved the reported issue.

The one additional request I have (to make the plug-in the same as the HS2 plug-in) would be to not modify the last changed time for the zones in an area when the alarm is armed/disarmed. In other words I always want to know when the last time a zone truly was opened/closed.

Thanks!

Comment

I have an idea on that and it shouldn't be too hard. I'll try to post another version to test early this week.

Thanks
              Nathan
              HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Cool. Thank you!

Comment

Please use the updater_override method again to pull down 3.0.1.2. This has the fix so that when an area is armed/disarmed and the zones follow that status, their HS3 last update timestamp is no longer adjusted. My initial testing shows it's working as expected and I'm running this on my home (production) system now. Once you confirm this is working, I'll release it for general use.

Thanks
                  Nathan
                  HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for updating the plug-in.

I have installed the new plug-in and so far it looks good. I will let you know if I see any issues.

Thanks again

Comment

I just released 3.0.1.3 which includes this work we've been reviewing as well as a fix for the ALARM trigger definition.
                      HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Working...
                      X