Z-NET/Z-Wave Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-NET/Z-Wave Question

Not sure if this is correct forum, but since I have a Z-NET, I will start here.

Is it possible for multiple HS3 instances to access the same Z-NET and to control connected Z-wave devices?

The reason I ask is that I am going to transition from for one machine to another. While I know that I can simply copy the HomeSeer directory (I'm moving from Linux to Linux), I desire to start with a "clean" setup.

Thanks,

Originally posted by WhitW View Post
    Not sure if this is correct forum, but since I have a Z-NET, I will start here.

Is it possible for multiple HS3 instances to access the same Z-NET and to control connected Z-wave devices?

The reason I ask is that I am going to transition from for one machine to another. While I know that I can simply copy the HomeSeer directory (I'm moving from Linux to Linux), I desire to start with a "clean" setup.

Thanks,
    No. Only one HS3 instance can communicate with a z-net at a time.

The z-net can be configured in both installs and used but not at the same time. You could start one and do something, shutdown HS3 and start the other instance and share the Z-net that way. But not at the same time.

Comment

Working...
    X