www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer General Discussion Area

HomeSeer General Discussion Area General discussion about HomeSeer that does not fall into any other category or are not specific to 1.x or 2.x versions of HomeSeer.

Old August 17th, 2017, 08:32 PM
Seer

Thanks. I'll give it a try.
Old August 17th, 2017, 11:27 PM
Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschindler View Post
I think you have your status and control values reversed. Example:
armedStayValues should be for statuses that mean you are in stay mode.
armStayValue should be for the value used to control and actually put the security system into stay mode.
Make sense?
Yes, makes sense and it was the problem. Odd part is that i had tried as you suggested before and it didn't work. Additionally, the interface had changed slightly when i came back to it and the Arm/Disarm button had disappeared. Regardless, its up and running now. Thank you.
Old August 20th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeon View Post
Here you go. I should let you know that the reason I asked if anyone had a better way is because it wasn't working perfectly. It was quite often that Siri would say "can't connect to your devices" and when I open the app I would see the devices not responding. So I stopped using it. Hope you have better luck.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07v2ygvh96...eseer.zip?dl=0
@freeon - So far it is working well for me (running HS3 .348 on Windows 7 32bit; iPhone 7 and Apple Watch with latest OS) a few days in.

Time will tell if it remains stable. Thanks again for this!
Old August 22nd, 2017, 05:18 AM
Seer

@jrhubott I am using v11 of your homeseer homebridge plugin from this zip file http://greedy.reflexlight.nl/homesee...e-homeseer.zip and everything is working well except my WindowCovering device status.

I created a virtual device in HS3 with 0 as Closed and 100 as Open (and i use events to map changes between that device and my actual shades which are Rollertrol motors controlled via RFXtrx that uses codes 115 for open and 117 for close, so it will not work with the homekit homeseer bridge directly) and I created the device in config.json as:

{
"ref":1067,
"type":"WindowCovering",
"name":"Theater Shades",
"uuid_base":"herca5"
},

Below is a screen shot of the Status Text for the virtual device 1067.

Often when i open the Home app on my iPhone 7 (running latest iOS) on my home Wifi (or swipe up to access homekit controls with Control Center) it shows the "Theater Shades" device state as "Closing..." (when the shades and Virtual device are open). Tapping on the device in the Home app immediately switches the status to Open and it works fine. Tapping on it again closes the shades but the status stays "closing" until i tap on it again or exit/enter the Home app, then it changes to "Closed" (it does not change to "Closed" if i leave it alone even though the Virtual device is changed to 0 by the hombridge action directly, i think homeseer.js returns "undefined" back to home bridge which confuses it).

If i come back into the Home app within a few minutes the the status of that device is correct, so i think there might be some sort of time out after which this problem happens. The status of the rest of my devices is always correct on the Home app.

I tried updated node and nom but that broke things and I am not a windows expert so I rolled back to the version of everything installed in the zip file.

Here is my homebridge log, it looks like it is getting the 100 status so I do not know why it does not show "Open" when the app opens. I also think it is getting an "undefined" back after it sets it to 100 when I tap it to get rid of the "Closing..."; that seems odd.

Code:
[HomeSeer] Spa Air Blower - Getting power state - HomeSeerStatus[417]=0
[HomeSeer] Pool temp - Getting temperature - HomeSeerStatus[421]=81
[HomeSeer] Air temp - Getting temperature - HomeSeerStatus[424]=65
[HomeSeer] Deck Jets - Getting power state - HomeSeerStatus[418]=0
[HomeSeer] Spa Jets - Getting power state - HomeSeerStatus[414]=0
[HomeSeer] Pool Sonos - Getting power state - HomeSeerStatus[1068]=0
[HomeSeer] Pool Sonos - Getting brightness - HomeSeerStatus[1068]=0
[HomeSeer] Spa Mode - Getting power state - HomeSeerStatus[410]=0
[HomeSeer] Back Yard Lights - Getting power state - HomeSeerStatus[486]=0
[HomeSeer] Spa temp - Getting temperature - HomeSeerStatus[422]=0
[HomeSeer] Pool Pump - Getting power state - HomeSeerStatus[409]=0
[HomeSeer] Sam Bedroom Heat - Getting power state - HomeSeerStatus[498]=0
[HomeSeer] Theater Lamps - Getting power state - HomeSeerStatus[471]=0
[HomeSeer] Theater Lamps - Getting brightness - HomeSeerStatus[471]=0
[HomeSeer] Dining Hall Light - Getting power state - HomeSeerStatus[462]=0
[HomeSeer] Dining Hall Light - Getting brightness - HomeSeerStatus[462]=0
[HomeSeer] Theater Shades - Getting value - HomeSeerStatus[1067]=100
[HomeSeer] Dining Room Light - Getting power state - HomeSeerStatus[697]=0
[HomeSeer] Entry Light - Getting power state - HomeSeerStatus[723]=0
[HomeSeer] Entry Light - Getting brightness - HomeSeerStatus[723]=0
[HomeSeer] Sam Bedroom Light - Getting power state - HomeSeerStatus[512]=0
[HomeSeer] Theater Shades - Setting value to 100 - HomeSeerControl[1067]=undefined   <-- this is when i tap on it
(Also, in what might be a related problem i do not think this version (v11 of homeseer.js in the platforms folder with the older node and nom installed in that zip file on windows 7) is polling because none of my devices in the Home app update their status until i close/open the app. This is not a problem for me since I do not keep the Home app open and stare at it, but I wanted to mention it in case it is related).

I would appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks!
Attached Images

Old September 3rd, 2017, 05:29 PM
Seer Plus

hi,

i am wondering if there is a way to make all the homebridge devices, discoverable by HS3 ??

You can do that with alexa, i was able to see all my homebridge device in the alexa app.
But i would like to be able to do the same with homeseer

Thank you
Old September 14th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Seer

Trigger HS3 event

I'm trying to get the Apple Homekit app to trigger a HS3 event.

"events":[
{
"name":"Open gate",
"eventGroup":"Gates",
"eventName":"Open gate",
"uuid_base":"jsfd7sff"
},
]

This is imported as a switch with on/off. For some reason it runs the event twice, as it seems to fail get a status for the switch.

Can't i just trigger an event i HS3 don't and expect a status or whatever is causing this?

BR
Claus
Old September 18th, 2017, 10:44 PM
Seer Deluxe

Need help please

so I got my raspberry pi 3 today from amazon. This may be a dumb question but do I have to do anything with my pi 3 right out of the box or do I simply just plug a ethernet cord, power cord, and an SD card with the burned pi image that Jumper created?

So I tried doing just this today and its not working for me. I keep getting error message when selecting First Boot in windows app. I hooked up a tv monitor to my raspberry pi and its asking for my login. Do I need to enter the login info that came in the box instructions. My impression was from jumper's instructions I did not need to do anything but just plug it and put in the SD card with file image

also do I need NOOBS on my SD card first or do I just have to burn Jumper's PI image to my SD card and than turn on RPI3

I hope someone can please help guide me in right direction.

Please help!

Last edited by csullivan2005; September 19th, 2017 at 06:29 PM.
Old September 20th, 2017, 07:59 AM
Seer Deluxe

So I figured it out. But having the following issue and need help

I do have one light switch that is showing as unsupported. I have many others that are the same type of light switch and that are fine working in Home app. Any idea why. Before I try to exclude and reinclude node I figured I’d reach out

Last edited by csullivan2005; September 23rd, 2017 at 10:29 PM.
Old October 6th, 2017, 03:02 PM
Seer Master

Hi all ,

anyone have the x64 windows version ?
The link is down from reflex.

regards

New Plugins ->
1. 2Way push notification(pushbullet) new link
------------------------------------------
2. Homekit plugin by Fraggel
------------------------------------------

HS3Pro 3.0.0.312 on windows 7 ultimate X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB. 687 Devices, 480Events
Old October 17th, 2017, 11:57 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschindler View Post
I can tell you how I dealt with my thermostat since mine has a cool and heat setpoint. I just set my homebridge json to use the cool setpoint, then inside of homeseer I setup the cool and heat setpoints as "linked devices". That keeps the two setpoints in sync. It's not ideal, but it works perfectly. Here's how to do that:

How do I setup my json to just use the cool setpoint?

My Json for thermostats is the following:

"type": "Thermostat",
"name": "Basement Thermostat",
"temperatureUnit": "F",
"setPointReadOnly": false,
"uuid_base": "Thermostat62",
"ref": 65,
"stateRef": 68,
"controlRef": 68,
"stateOffValues": [
],
"controlOffValue": 0,
"stateHeatValues": [
],
"controlHeatValue": 1,
"stateCoolValues": [
],
"controlCoolValue": 2,
"stateAutoValues": [
],
"controlAutoValue": 3,
"setPointRef": 71
},
{
"name": "First Floor Thermostat",
"uuid_base": "Thermostat36",
"ref": 39,
"stateRef": 42,
"controlRef": 42,
],
],
],
],
"setPointRef": 45
},
{
"name": "Second Floor Thermostat",
"uuid_base": "Thermostat11",
"ref": 14,
"stateRef": 17,
"controlRef": 17,
],
],
],
],
"setPointRef": 20
Old October 21st, 2017, 10:51 PM
Seer Deluxe

please help

can someone please help me with my post above. thank you.
Old October 29th, 2017, 09:23 AM
Seer Deluxe

Is there anyone that responds to posts on here. still looking for help on my two posts above this one. I greatly appreciate your help in advance.
Old October 29th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by csullivan2005 View Post
Is there anyone that responds to posts on here. still looking for help on my two posts above this one. I greatly appreciate your help in advance.
I am surprised that there isn't more activity on this topic. I get the sense that homebridge is a little taboo. Maybe its because of fear of Apple backlash, maybe it threatens HSTouch, maybe it feels like selling out to use Apple in a community that is mature and can say things like "back in the day when I started home automation we had too..." or maybe there is just more excitement for official support for things like the echo and google home.

No matter what the reason I'm still a little surprised that more people aren't chiming in on this topic. I just recently came over from SmartThings when I realized I couldn't back up my hub and that I was dependent on the cloud with intermittent delays in processing. I got homebridge setup thanks to Jumper4000, but will need to tweak the json file to include some virtual devices and make it more useful. Wish I could help, but you probably knonw more than I do. I need to do a deep dive and read this whole topic over to find the nuggets of useful information.
Old October 29th, 2017, 12:42 PM
Seer Deluxe

tyborg

for a virtual device you can probably just try to create a virtual device in homeseer and than copy the string value for a regular wave light and than paste that in to the string value for the virtual device. than the home bridge app will pick up the virtual device and put it in the json. I did this for an accessory switch which and works great. BTW do u have an extra device within your HomeKit app that shows as not supported?? I have read online its a bug.
Old November 12th, 2017, 01:12 AM
Seer

Quote:
tyborg

BTW do u have an extra device within your HomeKit app that shows as not supported?? I have read online its a bug.
Sorry I didn't have this thread subscribed previously and was just browsing here again looking for how to add temperature sensors into my json for homekit. Instead of doing a virtual device I added events manually and created my json manually that I am using now. I do not have an extra device that I have noticed in homekit, but wouldn't put it passed me to miss something like that either.

I just realized I forgot I put a sample for temperature sensors in the json formatting sample I posted in the other thread...not the sharpest tool in the shed over here...
Old November 13th, 2017, 05:50 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
I started this thread and am damn glad I didn't opt get notified on posts. The whole thread has great info, but is also a bit dated. There are other areas now where some of these topics are discussed.

You can always make your own top level discussion post.
Old November 13th, 2017, 10:16 PM
Seer Deluxe

tyborg

figured it out. the device that kept saying unsupported I just changed it name in homeseer and than renamed it back in apple Home app. I have no idea why this needs to be done but good news it works now
Old November 13th, 2017, 10:27 PM
Seer

Quote:
I have no idea why this needs to be done but good news it works now
Feels great to get something working! Seems like the more I play with this stuff the more I stumble upon something that just seems to work for some reason and then I make sure to leave it alone so what was mysteriously fixed doesn't get mysteriously broken again LOL

Did you have to resend devices to your homebridge or just rename them?
Old November 13th, 2017, 10:53 PM
Seer Deluxe

Just had to rename one of them.