Echo device scan resulting in phantom devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Echo device scan resulting in phantom devices

I have been using the HS3 .280 and .289 version with the Echo. It had been working perfectly until I screwed it up. I was playing with the Homekit plugin on my other system in my vacation house and came home and tried it on my primary system where I have the Echo. I was using the app Eve for the Homekit functionality on my iphone. The I noticed that my Echo wasnt working properly. It wold not operate any devices. I then did a forget all devices and a recan. Then somehow my Echo device scan became corrupted. The Echo no longer sees my installed devices but instead comes back with 4 devices from my other house (which is not signed in to Homeseer cloud).

I tried uninstalling Homeseer and doing a clean install using a config backup from an earlier time. That worked last night. But this morning the Echo is corrupted again seeing the same 4 devices from my other home. I tried the reinstall, delete the skills and start over. But I keep getting the same 4 phantom devices.

So apparently somewhere in the cloud my system is picking up these devices and overriding my local scan.

I am at a loss at what to do next. Somewhere there is a corrupted cache of data that is affecting this. I have deleted the Homekit apps from my phone. disabled and disconnected Alexa from Homeseer and restarted the connection.

Is there someplace else I should be clearing????

Bob Silver

Problem identified.

I figured out the issue. The problem is that the Echo was connecting to my second home not my primary home. Now I suppose what is interesting is I dont know how to direct this. MyHomeseer point to my primary residence where I have the Echo's located. I dont know why the Echo would connect to my secondary location.

I fixed it by turning off Homeseer in my second home. Then Echo saw the proper devices. So now how can I exclude my second home from the Echo??
    Last edited by bobsilver1; May 4, 2016, 02:09 PM.

Comment

I don't see how to stop it without figuring out how it is connecting. I assume your second house is too far away for the Echo Wifi. Someone/something is helping. Check logging at second home to see who/what is connecting.

Comment

Well my take is both systems have the same user license and password. Somewhere at Homeseer's end when the Echo did a scan it got pointed at my second home. After I shut down HS at my other house then the scan was as it should.

I had just updated my second home system from hs2 to hs3. Maybe the activation of that license did something. Weird.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Using the same license is not going to work in addition it's against the licensing agreement. You need separate licenses as well as separate myHS accounts for this to work.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            Using the same license is not going to work in addition it's against the licensing agreement. You need separate licenses as well as separate myHS accounts for this to work.

Ok just purchased a second license for HS3. Since my user name is the same how can I separate the systems. I only use the Echo at my primary residence. So I now have 2 systems with 2 different licenses but with the same Homeseer login.

Comment

Working...
            X