Native virtual Thermostat device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Native virtual Thermostat device

I'm using HS3 control my heating in a few zones around my house which works great. I'm using raspberry Pi's and MQTT to read the temperature and also control the boiler and zone valves. However, I'd like to know how to create a virtual thermostat, so I can use Alexa and homekit to talk to HS3 to control the thermostat value. Is there a way todo this simply, or do I need a plugin?
    Thanks
    Jim

I've tried to try a few plugins, but they are all hardware dependent. Is there any I can purchase to help me?

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post
      I've tried to try a few plugins, but they are all hardware dependent. Is there any I can purchase to help me?
      I have written a Virtual Thermostat plug-in which isn't hardware dependent. It's purpose is to use any temperature sensors and any switches rather than an actual thermostat device. You can setup as many as 20 VStats and they can all have 7 day schedules. It was written for my own use but there are a number of users testing the beta at the moment, without major issue, so I intend releasing it more widely in the new year.

I don't use Alexa to control the VStats but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to as the plug-in creates child devices for all setpoints and modes which you could set up voice commands for.

If you want to give it a try send me your email address by PM and I will send you a link to the dropbox folder where the beta is currently being hosted.

It is heating only, so not for cooling.

Steve

Comment

magic thanks Steve, I'll do it now

Comment

Working...
        X