WeatherFlow plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeatherFlow plug-in

WeatherFlow is a fairly new crowdsourced smart weather station that is available for pre-order. I've pre-ordered one and wanted to have the data available in HS so I created a plug-in for it. See WeatherFlow plug-in

You can use the updater_override.txt file attached to download a time limited beta version of the plug-in.

Given that I don't yet have the station, all testing has been done with simulated data. So this is a work-in-progress. If anyone who was part of the initial beta test wants to try it out and provide feedback, that would be most welcome.

For more information on the WeatherFlow weather station see WeatherFlow
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Will you able to execute an event in response to an event from the devices? Something like lighting is detected?

Chris

Comment

I'm not tracking the lightning, rain, or even the rapid wind events yet, but it's on the list of things to do.
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

For those interested in the WeatherFlow Smart Weather Station, follow this link and you can join the forum. There is a developer section where you can get help.

https://community.weatherflow.com/t/...124?u=garyfunk

Comment

Version 3.0.0.1 available.

I've added triggers for lightning strikes, start of precipitation and wind, corresponding to those events from the WeatherFlow hub.

I've also requested that it be added into the updater beta section so that the override file will no longer be needed once it shows up there.
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

And it's now available in the HomeSeer store.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
              And it's now available in the HomeSeer store.
              With this plugin, will it be possible to create events based on data received (e.g., If wind speed is greater than...)?

Elliott
              "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
              "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
                With this plugin, will it be possible to create events based on data received (e.g., If wind speed is greater than...)?

Elliott
                Yes, each sensor value is a separate HS device with the sensor value, you can create events that trigger on changes to the value using the standard HS event (device value change) type triggers.

There are also some custom triggers for things like precipitation start and lightning strikes.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Yes, each sensor value is a separate HS device with the sensor value, you can create events that trigger on changes to the value using the standard HS event (device value change) type triggers.

There are also some custom triggers for things like precipitation start and lightning strikes.
                  Great! Thanks. By the way do you know the cost of the weather station? Their website just states available in June? There is an apparent hyperlink with the button that states this, but it doesn't go anywhere.

Elliott
                  "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                  "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

I'm interested in this but I'm not clear from the description if the plugin talks directly to the hub or if it pulls the data from the WeatherFlow servers. In other words, does it work when your Internet connection is down?

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
                      Great! Thanks. By the way do you know the cost of the weather station? Their website just states available in June? There is an apparent hyperlink with the button that states this, but it doesn't go anywhere.

Elliott
                      I believe the retail price will be $299 for a hub, air, and sky combo. They are currently working to ship out all of the pre-ordered units.
                      --
                      Bob Paauwe
                      ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
                        I'm interested in this but I'm not clear from the description if the plugin talks directly to the hub or if it pulls the data from the WeatherFlow servers. In other words, does it work when your Internet connection is down?
                        The hub broadcast the data so there's no pulling involved. The current version of the plug-in listens for the hub broadcasts on your local network. There was a bug where the local broadcast would stop when the hub lost Internet connectivity, but that has been fixed with the latest firmware update (or so I'm told). So, yes, it is supposed to work when your Internet connection is down.

I'm working on an update that will get data from the WeatherFlow servers in addition to the local broadcasts. I see this as useful for monitoring conditions at remote locations.
                        --
                        Bob Paauwe
                        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

The hub broadcast the data so there's no pulling involved. The current version of the plug-in listens for the hub broadcasts on your local network. There was a bug where the local broadcast would stop when the hub lost Internet connectivity, but that has been fixed with the latest firmware update (or so I'm told). So, yes, it is supposed to work when your Internet connection is down.

I'm working on an update that will get data from the WeatherFlow servers in addition to the local broadcasts. I see this as useful for monitoring conditions at remote locations.
                          Very cool! Looking forward for WeatherFlow to go on sale so I can try this out. Would love lightning, wind gust. rain, and sudden barometer drop announcements. Also thinking that a Homeseer switch in annunciator mode could give a quick visual status for certain weather station parameters.

Comment

Great plugin! I love my WeatherFlow station. Especially now that I have both my air and sky live. The second that you get both of them reporting you have a purchase from me.
                            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                            Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                            Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

I see there was an update but nothing in the forum and it still does not work for Sky.

I really want this to work and I am happy to purchase the plugin but not until someone responds to me and shows that there will be some time of support.

Regards,
                              Tony
                              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                              Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                              Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Working...
                              X