This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Beta SimpleHomeNet Plugin v2.0.0.0

The SimpleHomeNet Plugin has been upgraded to version 2.0.0.0 which is compatible with HS3. The plugin is available in the HS3 updater and includes all features of version 1.0.2.2.

New Features:
    - Add/Remove individual HS devices
    - New error messages when Insteon messages fail to transmit

Changes:
    - Minor bug fixes

Requirements:
    - Requires mnSandler Insteon Plugin version 3.0.1.3 or greater
    - Insteon plugin must be enabled prior to enabling the SimpleHomeNet plugin

Please let me know if you experience any issues with the plugin and post a copy of the HS log with debug logging enabled.

Adam
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
    Last edited by hurry4it; May 22, 2015, 09:05 AM.

Detailed Instruction Locations.

Originally posted by hurry4it View Post
    The SimpleHomeNet Plugin has been upgraded to version 2.0.0.0 which is compatible with HS3. The plugin is available in the HS3 updater and includes all features of version 1.0.2.2.

Coming Soon:
    - Detailed instructions for use and operation of the SimpleHomeNet
    - Support for 1-wire temperature sensor with EZIO8SA
    Thanks. I am very interested in the Detailed instructions you have for the SimpleHomeNet. I have a EZIO40 and I am trying to get it working with HomeSeer version 3.0.0.96. Some type of instructions would be very useful. Where can I find these instructions?

Thanks,
    Bruce

Comment

Bruce,

I worked up the instructions several months ago, but it appears that I never posted them. I'm searching for it now and will post it as soon as I can find it. If I am unable to find it, I'll need to recreate it which may take a couple days.

Adam

Comment

Beta Available for Linux/Mono?

Hi Adam,

So I'm finally getting around to moving my HS2 setup (complex) to HS3. Part of this is to move from WinXP to Ubuntu Linux. However in the HS3 Updater I cannot find the SimpleHomeNet plugin. Does this imply it's Windows only?

Also did you ever find the documentation?

Thanks,
        - Jeff

Comment

Jeff,

I don't have a Linux setup to test with and so the plugin currently only supports Windows. Also, I was not able to find the documentation, but the plugin is very straight forward to use. If you run into any problems, let me know, and I can help solve them.

Regards,

Adam

Comment

Mention simple and I'm intrigued. What does the plugin do? I'm on linux so it's not in the updater. If you had a linux version or expect it would work as is and it is simple and useful I know where you could find free testers. Wow. That last sentence reads like a poorly written event.

Comment

IoT4R??

I am a long-time user of the SimpleHomeNet products (now SmartENIT). I have also been using your plug-in in various installations, and now have a new home with new blinds, and SmartENIT only sells their new gear. Is there any plans at all for an update to support their new controllers? I have tried to use the settings for EZIO4O, which sortof works, but is flaky. I am more than happy to work with you on this. Please let me know.

Thank you,
              -Russ Donnan

Comment

Russ,

What SmartENIT product are you trying to use? Many of the SmartENIT products are just rebadged SimpleHomeNet products since the company changed there name and use the same command set. There are however some new IoTxx products. I haven't looked into the command set for those products and what the differences may be from the previous products which could explain the issues you are experiencing. Let me know what product you are using and I'll look into what it would take to support it.

Regards,

Adam

Originally posted by russdonnan View Post
                I am a long-time user of the SimpleHomeNet products (now SmartENIT). I have also been using your plug-in in various installations, and now have a new home with new blinds, and SmartENIT only sells their new gear. Is there any plans at all for an update to support their new controllers? I have tried to use the settings for EZIO4O, which sortof works, but is flaky. I am more than happy to work with you on this. Please let me know.

Thank you,
                -Russ Donnan

Comment

Device I am using IoT4R

I am using the new device, IoT4R. According to SmartenIT, it should function with the same command set as EZIO4O. I am having some issues:

I cannot change the Device Location once I have installed it. It takes it only when I initially setup the device.

I have 4 IoT4R devices installed, for a total of 16 relays being controlled. I intend to add 8 more soon. I am setting the timeout for all the relays to 3 seconds. It takes this configuration. When I change the state of one of the relays, I note that other relays turn on and off. Further despite the plug-in saying the relays are set to 3 seconds, most still are running on their default of 30 seconds which is the factory default.

I note when I only had one device, it seemed to work very well.

Please let me know if you would like me to do some more troubleshooting.

Comment

I have looked into the plugin code and can't seem to find anything that would indicate an issue when using multiple devices. Could you post a copy of your simplehomenet.ini file? There may been an issue there which is causing the problems.

Thanks,

Adam

Comment

Working...
                    X