Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you Create a Link between 2 Insteon Dimmers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you Create a Link between 2 Insteon Dimmers?

Hi, I bought a 3-way Dimmer kit which was supposed to have 2 dimmers linked together. After installing them and not having them both manually work... I decided to get them to work with Homseer software. I Checked their device links via the Insteon Plugin. It showed only one of the switches was linked to another device and it was Not the device ID of the other switch. The Secondary switch had no link assigned to it. I removed the invalid device link but now am unable to figure out how to create a link... I tried creating a group and having the 2 device assigned to the group etc... I must be missing something easy. My question is how do I create a device Link between the 2 devices in the software?

Thank you,

The Insteon plugin for Homeseer does not allow you to create links between two devices from a software standpoint. The link has to be created from the devices themselves:
    1. 1. Set SwitchLinc Dimmer to Linking Mode by pressing and holding the Paddle Top Paddle Top for 10 seconds, then release. To confirm linking, the Second SwitchLinc Dimmer will blink the top LED in its LED Bar and flash the light that it is wired to.
    The reverse the process to link the second back to the first. There is other software (HouseLinc, PowerHome?, etc.) that allows you the create links in software but the Insteon plugin for Homeseer does not.

Hope this helps.

Adam

Comment

Thank you for the information...

Adam,

Thanks for the information... too bad HoomSeer can't do links in the software. I should have asked this board HOURS ago and saved myself the trouble!?

Thanks again,

Rob

Comment

It would be nice to have link addition available in Homeseer, but I think that is a much bigger task than the Insteon plugin was intended for. I have HouseLinc as well as Homeseer. Homeseer for automation and Houselinc for link management. You really don't need HouseLinc in my opinion, but many people do use from what I understand. At least for my setup I really don't need, but I've only got 8 devices at the moment.

Comment

Working...
        X