This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its getting slower

My HS 2.2 slows down after 24 hours of running.

I wouldnt say I have an extreme setup but after starting the HS pc the web interface is pretty snappy in its response, then, after 24 hours of running most ds10 events trigger with a 2 to 4 second delay.

Example: Theres a DS10 on my landing gate, when it opens HS has an action of "speak Landing Gate Open" just after a restart it works great, after 24 hours I can open the gate, walk through and shut it before it says Landing Gate open.

Any ideas as to what I can do to keep it al running optimal, I reboot now every 24 hours but ideally should do it at every 12 hours, just not really what Im after.

TrOjAn

I've been noticing the same thing. It's worse on my PC if you leave the HS screen up. I've seen the HS process use as much as 500MB of RAM.
    HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

Several of us are having this problem. It is most noticeable with the ACRF and mcsXap plug-ins because short response times are more critical. Our theory is that it has something to do with the COM plug-in interface or the plug-in interface in general. For some their system eventually stops working. We all started noticing it right around the release of 2.2. There is at least one help desk ticket opened on it. I was going to open one later tonight.

Bill

Comment

Bill, yes I saw that thread, I have only the ONE .ocx plugins now, ACRF

TrOjAn

Comment

Mine runs slow after about 24 hours. All my scripts are now VB.NET, most of my web pages are now ASPX and I run virtually no plug ins. Go figure?
          Jon

Comment

I have a help desk ticket open on it for killing the plugin handler and web server. I went back to 2.1.162 seems to be working just fine.

Jack
            Over The Hill
            What Hill?
            Where?
            When?
            I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Originally posted by bdickhaus View Post
              Several of us are having this problem. It is most noticeable with the ACRF and mcsXap plug-ins because short response times are more critical. Our theory is that it has something to do with the COM plug-in interface or the plug-in interface in general. For some their system eventually stops working. We all started noticing it right around the release of 2.2. There is at least one help desk ticket opened on it. I was going to open one later tonight.

Bill
              I'm definitely using the com ports. Both the ACRF and the cheaperrfid plugins are pretty chatty. Plus the thermostat, security system, AB8SS switcher, X10 interface.....
              HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

I have the same problem running 2.2.0.0. It got a little better after I disabled mcsXap, but it's far from good. I run ACRF and another homemade plugin that uses COM.

Comment

Any of you guys running any .net plugins?
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I would imagine so. The abhs page says I run 6 com plugins and there can be between 10 and 12 loaded
                    Over The Hill
                    What Hill?
                    Where?
                    When?
                    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      Any of you guys running any .net plugins?
                      Yes, all bar one are .net as we were told they are the best way to go.. I understand they reside in memory to execute faster but the HS pc slows down after time...

Am I thinking about this wrong?

TrOjAn

Comment

Trojan,
                        The .net plugins are a faster way to go BUT if a .net plugin does go awry it can start to affect the HomeSeer.exe. The beauty of the com plugins is they run in the compatibility.exe and this will not affect the HomeSeer.exe directly. My point is, if you are seeing a slow down in HomeSeer it's more than likely a .net plugin that isn't behaving as it should and the .net plugins should be the ones you start disabling to troubleshoot.

Comment

Reading back Jon00 has no plugins and his does the same, I would be very surprised if it was one of my plugins but I will disable some to try.

TrOjAn

Comment

Trojan,
                            It's not only .net plugins but .net scripts as well. The other thing to keep an eye on is the memory usage when you notice the slow down. If you see the memory usage high (which is "normal" in the .net world) a display and collapse of the HS GUI should run the garbage collector. What most users are not aware of is the .net world is a memory HOG and will only get a lot worse when moving to Vista. Microsoft recommends for an optional user experience 2 gig of ram for Vista.

Comment

Rupp, would it be worth writing a script to open and close the HS GUI window every hour?? I dont look at my HS pc very often so to remote in and do it is time consuming.

TrOjAn

Comment

Working...
                              X