www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Legacy Software & Plug-ins > Legacy Software (Older Versions) > HSTouch™ > Clients - Windows CE / Mobile

Clients - Windows CE / Mobile Discussions regarding HSTouch Clients for Windows CE and Windows Mobile

Old February 22nd, 2009, 06:14 AM
Seer Deluxe

Help with Windows Mobile Please

For a while now I have been playing with the designer and client on my PC but my ultimate goal was to produce a few screens for my htc S710 smart phone. The phone is running Windows mobile 6 Standard CE 5.2.1622 (Build 18128.0.4.4)

I followed the following procedure to install the HS client.

Created a directory on the phone under program files called hstouch and copied all files from the client folder on my PC to that directory. When I tried to extecute either client (ce5hstouch.exe and ceppcHstouch.exe) I get the same error (see pictures).

I then copied the projects and default skins from the my documents folder on my PC to the S710 my documents folder. no change.

I then installed .net 3.5 on compact frame work on the mobile device which also made no difference. ( .net 2 is in the rom so I cant reinstall that)

I am now at a loss at what to do do next can anyone help please.

Phill
Attached Images

Old February 22nd, 2009, 07:31 AM
Seer Deluxe

Check this thread where to put files in your windows mobile :http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=132401
Old February 22nd, 2009, 08:25 AM
Seer Deluxe

Thanks Lunkan

I have done as suggested bar altering the regestry as I still can't get basic execution. I have now put the skins and xml files under the \program files\hstouch directory instead of the my documents folder. I didn't copy the updtae directory as there is no room and I don't think this is needed....... Can it really be this obscure and hard to install a client? Anyway still no luck same errors as before....... the S710 is not a touch screen device do you think that may be an issue?

Phill
Old February 25th, 2009, 05:16 AM
Seer Master

I'm not 100% sure HST will run on the S710
S710 is smartphone and not a PocketPC
If it run...how are you going push the button's?

I will test this and let you know.
Old February 25th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Seer Deluxe

Yes i was kinda starting think that, however, it does run windows mobile 6 and it should be suported. I really wanted it to show information and not a lot of button pushing But I can 'press' buttons on web pages so why not on the hs client?!?

Thanks for your offer of help its much apprciated. Surprised HS haven't commented its certainly not just a matter of copying the client as stated in the help file!
phill