All devices showing offline - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All devices showing offline - Solved!

I just went through the steps to add the skill - I instructed my Alexa to discover devices. It found everything in my homeseer setup but everything shows as offline. I checked the devices and voice command is checked. As an aside, I have successfully added devices from my Hue so I know that works. Obviously I have done something wrong?

As a note, the skill and the API are two different processes.

It looks as though you have questions regarding the API?
    Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Sorry - reposted in the API - the one without having to Tell Alexa to Tell Homeseer!

Comment

Check the control use of the device in question.

It is a parameter of the status graphics pairs of the device.

It should set for on/off/dim.
        Wade

Comment

This is what I see on that tab in the settings. I am deducing that this has four settings - Off, Dim, On, and On Alternate and that this is an issue? I didn't touch anything here - these are all of the default settings when I added the device.
          Attached Files

Comment

I just talked to Rich, and it turns out Amazon broke our process when switching us to version 2 of their thermostat code (they have no testing area for the API, it just goes live..., wow!)

We have been in contact with them, and sent them our JSON syntax to try and figure out what is now needed in order for it to work properly.

I'll keep you posted on when they get back to us with a solution.
            Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
              I just talked to Rich, and it turns out Amazon broke our process when switching us to version 2 of their thermostat code (they have no testing area for the API, it just goes live..., wow!)

We have been in contact with them, and sent them our JSON syntax to try and figure out what is now needed in order for it to work properly.

Seems to be the case. All of my devices are now off line. Echo responds "That command doesn't work for device XYZ"

Will await the fix.
              DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
              BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Echo no longer discovers devices

After a few weeks of stable API voice-control over my Homeseer devices, Echo still lists all my 73 previously-discovered devices, but as being OFFLINE now. Tried unlinking/relinking Echo with Homeseer and restarting homeseer. The app says it finds no smart home devices and get "this command does not work with that device" when trying to control devices that used to work rock-solid. Tried FORGETing all devices, but now there's nothing in the device list, offline or otherwise. So disappointed. Running homeseer v 3.0.0.258.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post

Wow, that's the way to do it!
                  I'm having the exact same issue. At least I found this thread early, so I'll await the fix.
                  I had Echo and Homeseer perfectly integrated and was loving it.

Comment

This is now fixed, discovery and control should be working.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      Working again and the "OK" is back.
                      DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                      BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Awesome yes working again, so we on API v1 or V2?

Comment

Back to V1, still working on why V2 is not working. I should be able to post a new URL to register for the V2 when its working so those interested can try it.

Originally posted by drmcp View Post
                          Awesome yes working again, so we on API v1 or V2?
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

ok great sounds good.

Back to V1, still working on why V2 is not working. I should be able to post a new URL to register for the V2 when its working so those interested can try it.

Comment

Seems to work again! Good news!

Comment

Working...
                              X