Run event question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run event question

I just started playing around with the "run event" command in the skill.

I am saying "alexa tell homeseer to run event test echo".
    Alexa responds with "do you want me to run event test echo?"
    I say "yes" and the event runs.

When I initially started working with events, I could just say the command phrase and echo would run the event without prompting me with "do you want me?". I do not want the prompt so how do I turn that off?

And aside, is there a more detailed document about the echo integration than the one on

http://homeseer.com/amazon-echo-integration.html.

For instance, how are groups handled?

Originally posted by jimbell View Post
    I just started playing around with the "run event" command in the skill.

I am saying "alexa tell homeseer to run event test echo".
    Alexa responds with "do you want me to run event test echo?"
    I say "yes" and the event runs.

When I initially started working with events, I could just say the command phrase and echo would run the event without prompting me with "do you want me?". I do not want the prompt so how do I turn that off?

And aside, is there a more detailed document about the echo integration than the one on

http://homeseer.com/amazon-echo-integration.html.

For instance, how are groups handled?

Did you ever get a solution to this? Mine does it some times and not at others.

Comment

Two things to check. In the If part of the event after the phrase text box make sure the "Confirm Voice Command" box is unchecked. Also look at the Voice tab of the Setup page to see if any of those may be affecting the phrase used.

Comment

Great Info!

Originally posted by jhearty View Post
        Two things to check. In the If part of the event after the phrase text box make sure the "Confirm Voice Command" box is unchecked. Also look at the Voice tab of the Setup page to see if any of those may be affecting the phrase used.
        I just want to say that the page on the Homeseer website "http://homeseer.com/amazon-echo-integration.html" is woefully inadequate concerning the running of events. The examples work, but always confirm the command. I did not realize that I could use the "A phrase was recognized" event trigger with Alexa.

So I created a test event and used the phrase "testing" to trigger and left the "confirm" box unchecked.
        I then said "tell homeseer testing". The event was run without a prompt. I did have to set the "Other event voice command execution phrase" to "OK" so that alexa would not say the original phrase.

Of course, this is a much better than the example on the website. I don't have to say "tell homeseer to run event x". I just say "tell homeseer x".

I also discovered that this behavior is documented in the help document under "voice recognition".

Comment

Working...
        X