This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuation of TiVO Plug-In

If you have interest in the TiVO plug-in, please respond to the poll.
    Yes, I am interested in having it work in HS3 and would pay a typical plug-in fee for it.
    60.00%
    Yes, I am interested in having it work in HS3 but I would not pay an upgrade/update fee for it.
    0.00%
    No, I have enough UI options at this time.
    40.00%
    I am a developer with knowledge of HomeSeer and Java and am interested in taking over this plug-in.
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

I'm using this plugin in HS3 right now? Are you updating this, or are you talking about a completely new plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
      I'm using this plugin in HS3 right now? Are you updating this, or are you talking about a completely new plugin?
      You have an instance of HS2 running? You might be able to get it working but HS2 plug-ins cannot be started by HS3, so you are probably starting it manually?

Comment

My bad...I'm using UltraTivo3 plugin by UltraJones.

I confused the 2.

Comment

So, based on the poll, it's not looking good for an HS3 version.

Any official decision?
          My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

I would say it is a "no go".

When the plug-in was originally developed, we traded a TiVO box to a programmer to do all of the Java work. The number of people who bought the original plug-in did not even compensate us for her time much less the others involved. Now, with only 6 people saying they are interested, even the small amount of time that I think it would take to get it working would wipe that out, so we are still in the hole on it.

If anybody wants to buy the code for $200 and have a go at it, let us know. As the original code was device driven except for a few special interfaces, and HS3 is now entirely device driven, it should be easy to make it work. The only differences would be the plug-in changes from HS2 to HS3.

Comment

I might be interested, if not an HS3 version, perhaps the code when I make the change from HS2 to HS3 this year. Sorry, but I didn't see your request earlier. By asking on the message board, I suspect many people didn't see it. Don't you have the email addresses of those that bought it?

Comment

Working...
              X