Status box for door/window sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status box for door/window sensor

I am getting started with the Designer program, and have a door/window sensor where I would like to show the current status of it. I am trying to put a text box on the screen that would be Red if it is open, or Green if it is closed. I have not figured out how to do it yet, what would be the best way to do that in the Designer? Thanks.

In Designer, under Status/Device Associations, use the StatusColors option to assign a different background color based on the status. You can also use the Alt Text function there if you want to override the device status text.
    Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Thanks, I was finally able to figure it out with another sensor and your directions. I found that the sensor I was trying to use was also being flaky, along with my just getting started with Designer.

Comment

I possible more aesthetic way would be using graphics. In HS you can define graphics for the different states. Then in HSTouch you use the property StatusTrackingNormal to show the appropriate images. For more some more info about the steps involved see here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...05#post1305505

Comment

Working...
        X