Can't see OneWire in board configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't see OneWire in board configuration

Just getting started with adding sensors to my Arduino. I'm using ver 1.0.0.139 of the plugin.

I've gotten two boards (nodeMCU 12E) loaded and I see them in the device listing. Plugin says they are both communicating.

I've been working for a few days on a breadboard with a group of sensors. I am trying to build some multi-sensor nodes to be placed in several different locations. The sensors are motion, DS18B20, door/window, and carbon monoxide sensor. I've got a simple test program that talks to each of them properly. So now I want to integrate the sensors into the plugin sketch.

I thought the temp sensor would be pretty easy. In my test program it operates as a OneWire device. I see in the documentation it says if you want to add a DS18B20, select the OneWire type of pin. Problem is, I see no reference to OneWire on my board configuration screen. I see Input, Output, Alive, and LCD. What I don't see are PWM or OneWire.

Ideas?

UPDATE, I added two other sensors. One a door/window and the other PIR motion. Both are simple on/off. Added the pins and it immediately started working for both. Devices created and they update quickly enough. Very impressive. I thought I was going to have to migrate my device handling into the base sketch. But nooooooooo...... all I had to do was plug it in and configure the pins. Way too easy.

My other two sensors are the 18b20 and the MQ-7 CO module.

The 18b20 is onewire. How would the MQ-7 be configured?

Comment

I should have mentioned this earlier. The board being used is a nodeMCU 12E.

Just for jollies, I was playing around with adding a board and I found that if I say it is an Arduino, I see the PWM and OneWire. But when I change to nodeMCU, they go away.

Are these supported on the nodeMCU?

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
        I should have mentioned this earlier. The board being used is a nodeMCU 12E.

Just for jollies, I was playing around with adding a board and I found that if I say it is an Arduino, I see the PWM and OneWire. But when I change to nodeMCU, they go away.

Are these supported on the nodeMCU?
        Yes this is not supported on the NodeMCU yet. It is in the pipeline and also the API but I just have not had time to do this yet.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
          Yes this is not supported on the NodeMCU yet. It is in the pipeline and also the API but I just have not had time to do this yet.

Greig.
          Thanks so much for the reply. I am really digging the plugin. Great work. Much more than I expected.

So on the nodeMCU, is there any sensor that works for temp sensing? I have some DHT11s.
          Last edited by logbuilder; April 6, 2017, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
            Thanks so much for the reply. I am really digging the plugin. Great work. Much more than I expected.

So on the nodeMCU, is there any sensor that works for temp sensing? I have some DHT11s.
            At the moment no but when I get the API sorted you can add what you want. I am having trouble getting the onewire to play with the plugin on the NodeMCU so might do the API build first so people can add there own version.

Greig.
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Working...
            X