RFXCOM plug-in supports the W800 receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RFXCOM plug-in supports the W800 receiver

To use the W800RF32 in the HS3 RFXCOM plug-in configure the receiver with selection box 32 bits receiver enabled.
    For all details see chapter 5 in the RFXCOM HS3 User Guide.pdf (is in the HS3 Docs directory)

The HS2 plug-in had also the option to use the W800.
    For receiver 1 add or change the ModeRec1=29 parameter in the hspi_RFXCOM.ini Startup section.
    The number after ModeRec indicates the receiver number so for receiver 2: ModeRec2=29
    Attached Files

I am using the latest version of the plugin (15.0.0.22) with HS2 Pro and have it setup and running with an RFXrec receiver. I am trying to add my W800 32 bit receiver but cannot seem to get it to show up as a receiver option. I have modified the ini file as indicated but to no avail. Has the procedure changed, or can I get a procedure that is a little more verbose?

Comment

Add receiver 2 and add this line in the HSPI_RFXCOM.ini file
      ModeRec2=29

Code:
      [Startup]
      Version=15.0.0.22
      ResetRec2=0
      COMRec2=COM2
      X10Rec2=1
      ARCRec2=0
      OSRec2=0
      ACRec2=0
      ATIRec2=0
      BaudRec2=4800
      ModeRec2=29

Comment

My RFXrec433 is setup under the transceiver tab, so the receiver tab is not populated at all. So do I install the W800 under the transceiver tab so it would be transceiver #2, or under the receiver tab where it would be receiver #1?. Should the receiver be added first and then the ini file modified second?

Another thing that has me a little concerned is when the plugin loads, the log file says...

"Restricted for use with RFXcom receivers/transmitters/transceivers only!"
        Last edited by Dave Haig; October 22, 2014, 09:19 AM.

Comment

After attempting to add the receiver I get the following errors in my log file...

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>10/22/2014 10:51:08 AM </TD> <TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>RFXCOM </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>(Open) error :System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port 'COM8' is denied. at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace) at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open() at HSPI_RFXCOM.clsRS232.Open()</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>10/22/2014 10:51:08 AM </TD> <TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>RFXCOM </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>(Open) error :System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port 'COM9' is denied. at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace) at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open() at HSPI_RFXCOM.clsRS232.Open()</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>10/22/2014 10:51:08 AM </TD> <TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>RFXCOM </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>(Open) error :System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port 'COM7' is denied. at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace) at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open() at HSPI_RFXCOM.clsRS232.Open()</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>10/22/2014 10:51:08 AM </TD> <TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>RFXCOM </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>(Open) error :System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port 'COM4' is denied. at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace) at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open() at HSPI_RFXCOM.clsRS232.Open()</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>10/22/2014 10:51:08 AM </TD> <TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>RFXCOM </TD> <TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>(Open) error :System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port 'COM3' is denied. at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace) at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open() at HSPI_RFXCOM.clsRS232.Open()</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

For HS2, the W800 should be configured as a receiver (not as a transceiver).
            See chapter 8 in the RFXCOM User Guide

The access violation is normal and is because the COM port is found but used by another program.
            The W800 should be used by any other program or plug-in!

Comment

Thanks for all the help, as I was able to get it going. One needs to be careful not to make any settings to the receiver through the plug in once it has been added, as it seems to want to default the receiver type back to 2C. Any setup changes should be made through the ini file once it's up and running.

Comment

Working...
              X