Increase CPU load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increase CPU load

Are there any folks using this dead plugin? I've noticed in the past few months that running the plugin taxes my cpu by an additional 20%. When I stop the plugin, my cpu will typically run @ 7%. When it's enabled, it's anywhere from 22-27%.
    I've been using 1.0.0.48 since it came out and it has worked fine. Sometime just before Christmas, I updated HS2 to the latest. I thought that it might be the size of the history file, so I began starting over each month. That activity didn't make any difference.

Does anyone have any recommendation?

Rob
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Check you log file. I delete and archive mine once a month as it gets so big it exhibits this behavior.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Sorry... which log file are you referring to?
      The main HS log turns over each day doesn't it?
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Sorry should have said database. It's the current cost database named History.db found in the data directory of the HomeSeer folder.

Comment

yeah... that's what I said I did in my first post.

What version are you running and has it been working ok for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            Check you log file. I delete and archive mine once a month as it gets so big it exhibits this behavior.
            But, Greg, doesn't doing this defeat the use of the generated monthly comparison chart? If the data isn't in the current database it won't show in the graph for previous months, right? This has always been a point of confusion for me with your recommendation that we reinitialize the database every month. If you can't show the month-to-month energy costs, then the HS CCEnvi plugin is only useful for the current data in the devices then?
            Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Originally posted by spknapp View Post
              But, Greg, doesn't doing this defeat the use of the generated monthly comparison chart? If the data isn't in the current database it won't show in the graph for previous months, right? This has always been a point of confusion for me with your recommendation that we reinitialize the database every month. If you can't show the month-to-month energy costs, then the HS CCEnvi plugin is only useful for the current data in the devices then?
              Yes that's true. The most recent versions do not store as much data so they tend to work better. I'm still running an older version and the log file get huge in a month.

Comment

I've always used sql-lite to purge the database of older entries exceeding 12 months. Now, If I can compare this month with last month, that's ok for me. The graphs renter much quicker. On the third month, I just purge the first one... and on and on.
                What I do also is take the total monthly consumption, then write the HSlog with the number and use Ultramon to query based on months.
                It's handy. I know a beta .61 came out some time ago to cube the amount of data in the history database, but from what I've read, it has problems in trying to do the maintenance at random, so if you want to look at the graphs, it may error since you're trying to access the data and do maintenance at the same time. It's too bad that the click event for displaying the graph, couldn't have been coded to prevent the maintenance from happening. Then once your done with getting the graph, it could continue.

Again, I don't anyone at HST has any interest in persuing this venture.

On a separate but similar note, wasn't there a 3d party version of this? I can't seem to find it anymore... was it removed?

Rob

Comment

Yea, I'm sure this plugin is low on the priority list considering the number of HS3 plugins that are yet to be ported. Here's a link to the 3rd party plugin.
                  http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=165447&page=2

Comment

Working...
                  X