Changing Username and Passwords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Username and Passwords

In the HS3 settings under the Network tab there are 4 boxes to fill in usernames and passwords to access the website and HsTouch
    Can I change my current username in the box marked "default", insert a new Password and delete the other entries if I'm the only user?

Is this Username totally independent to the one that I use to log-in to the Homeseer store?

Thank You

If you are referring to the section labeled:
    MyHomeSeer Remote Access Settings
    These fields are for two different services and it is very confusing.

The check box for "Enable remote access through MyHomeSeer service" is all that is need if you are using the https://myhs.homeseer.com/Login

The other fields:
    MyHomeSeer Connect LicenseID
    MyHomeSeer Connect Password
    MyHomeSeer Connect Domain Name
    are for the paid service:
    http://store.homeseer.com/store/MyHo...tion-P258.aspx

To manage your myHS service username and password you need to login to the service here:
    https://myhs.homeseer.com/Login
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

I have 2 questions.

The first is about paid remote access. If I already subscribe to DynDNS is that where I would enter the details as well, or is it just reserved for the Homeseer paid access?

The second question is about the username password change. The link you provided only allows me to change the password.
      Do I have any option to change the username?

Thanks

Comment

Hi, Just a correction...just noticed something

I was not referring to the section called "MyHomeSeer Remote Access Settings".
        The section I was referring to in the first part of the question was in the "Setup" page under the tab called NETWORK. At the top there is a section called Web/HSTouch User Settings There are 3 headings Username, Password, User Rights.

Are these the usernames and passwords I would use to connect to Homeseer from a remote location through HSTouch?
        Last edited by isy.taman; March 8, 2015, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Update..

No need to reply. I think I've found the answers now.
          I've just upgraded from HS2 to HS3, and not familiar with how HS Touch works hence the confusion.

I'm sure there will be more questions to follow.

The biggest problem I'm having is to do with all the devices switching off in the device management page when unwanted CM15A commands to M1 are recorded in the log. About 90% of them come from motion and door sensors belonging to a Marmitek security system.

Whenever one of these sensors is activated it turns all the other registered x10 devices off...not in reality but only as far as the software is concerned.
          It severely limits HS3's functionality in my case so not ready to ditch HS2 yet.

The problem has been reported by others on Bugzilla since last year. It would be disappointing if Homeseer didn't fix it soon.

Comment

Please submit a Bugzilla ticket. If enough users complain perhaps the Homeseer people will finally admit this is a real HS3/X15 bug.

Comment

Yes I intend to submit a Bugzilla entry. I only just updated to HS3 recently and when I researched the CM15A problem I came across your post on the message board. You pointed it out in October last year and it still hasn't been resolved.

Mine is a very similar problem, also 90% caused by a Marmitek security system.
              I posted the problem myself on the message board about a week ago but there was no response.

In my case it makes the software practically useless for constructing events that rely on device status.

There is a plug-in called UltraLog ($39) which monitors log entries and inserts itself in the drop-down list of conditions along with "Device changes" etc. The appearance of any word or string of words in the log can be used to trigger an event.

The best I've managed to do alleviate the problem is to use UltraLog to "capture" the appearance of that familiar phrase that ends in the word "socialite" to reinstate the status of any switched off devices back to the ON position.

That's not as easy as it sounds because it requires you knowing the status of every device prior to the rogue message appearing. It's a rather long-winded process that can be achieved by using the "Counter" variable in HS3 to monitor whether the device is on or off.

Briefly when the device is switched to the off position by this bug, it does not affect its "counter" value so if that's monitored, whenever the rogue message appears, if the device shows OFF but its Counter value shows ON then you can create an event to restore it back to ON.

Very long-winded, and not 100% foolproof but the best I could do so far until they fix it.

Another use for UltraLog is to compensate for another bug in the system. As you probably know it does not respond to direct CM15A ON or OFF commands. You have to create virtual devices and then use the "device change" condition to activate the event.

With Ultralog you can specify the appearance of any phrase in the log to trigger the event.
              So for example in my case I would specify the appearance of the text "CM15A Command H1:On" .
              HS3 seems to be okay with that and responds correctly...so you don't have to keep creating virtual devices.

These are stop-gap measures and I agree with you. It's really very disappointing that Homeseer has not addressed the problems

Comment

Working...
              X