CT100 Thermostat reporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    According to ewkearns his report without polling. That is not true for all 8 of mine.

Your error is a communication error between HomeSeer and your Z-Troller and is not related to polling. How often are you seeing the error? How is your Z-Troller connected?
    Not entirely correct.... only happens with the two I deleted and re-added.

Now, if you would like me to make this entirely "clear," 2Gig support says you must poll to get ANY status. Also, their concepts of "Swing," "Set Point," and "Switch Point," is enough to leave Einstein speechless.

I await their clarification.
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
      Not entirely correct.... only happens with the two I deleted and re-added.

Now, if you would like me to make this entirely "clear," 2Gig support says you must poll to get ANY status. Also, their concepts of "Swing," "Set Point," and "Switch Point," is enough to leave Einstein speechless.

I await their clarification.
      You're lucky to have gotten anything out of 2Gig. They referred me back to RTC who disavows any knowledge of the product. That was before they became part of Linear.

Well, I excluded one yesterday and two more last night, then re-included them in hopes that mine would behave, but no such luck. They are all three still the same as the other five, they update set points, mode, temperature, humidity and fan mode. They do not update fan state or operating state - except when the set point or mode is set at the thermostat, then they will send the operating mode. I turned off all polling for the child nodes as well as making sure it was not enabled on the root. Overnight there was not one log entry of Operating State in the log. I can see from the log entries that zone valves were operating which means the operating state was changing. There were reports of temperature, humidity and the change in set points when they entered sleep schedule and again when they entered wake schedule.

Swing works for me, it is the range in temperature between where the heat is demanded and when it shuts off. With a 2 degree swing and the set point at 70 the heat will come on at 68 degrees and turn off at 70 degrees. I don't use cooling, but assume swing operates on the cooling set point but in the inverse - with a set point of 72, cooling demand would initiate at 74 degrees and shut off at 72. I have a feeling that switch point has to do with the auto mode, but I honestly have never been able to get that to work consistently or with any discernible logic.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Well, I said that wrong.... I've been talking to RTC.

1) My CT100s appear to still be reporting. No polling, but something is causing TEMP to write to the log every 30 minutes. Humidity writes to the log every 30 minutes IFF there has been a minimum change of 1%. Polling the root node does absolutely nothing, that I can discern. RTC is apparently completly oblivious to the fact that the thermostat reports *anything* without polling.

2) Using AUTO..... SWING, SET POINTS, and SWITCH POINTS work together in such a way that wild swings of temperature can be expected, unless the SET POINTS are tweaked in unanticipated ways.
        Attached Files
        Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins
        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

I think I finally managed to get rid of the transmit queue errors. I have a Z-troller, so I did a backup, removed a phantom node, erased the device, and then restored.

Now my CT100 won't update, even with polling. It updated ONCE this morning at 7:37am and has stayed the same temperature all day. I don't get it. Now if I do a RESCAN of the root device, the temperature will update, and then sit idle again until I RESCAN again.

Gotta love this homeseer/z-wave (which I think I paid way too much money for). Fix one problem only to create another.
          Last edited by phuz; April 3, 2015, 06:26 PM.

Comment

I've noticed that polling isn't working well for me, either.... but not with the CT100s. I noticed this primarily with "Battery Health." Battery powered devices are set to poll about every 12 hours. Some aren't responding.

Additionally, polling a root node, as far as I can determine, does absolutely nothing.

Still have 2 out of 4 CT100s working OK, except op mode, which is broken under homeseer and must be polled. The two working best were deleted and re-added. For me, the Z-NET cleared up a lot of problems, but still insists on creating phantom nodes, some of which appear to be virtually un-deletable.
            Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Just found this thread and, while I don't really have any help to offer, I'd like to say a big "Me Too" on the CT100 issues. Here's a post I made a couple weeks ago explaining issues with the Temperature device on mine:

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=124

I queried HST via help desk ticket for a definitive answer about which CT100 devices are instant status and which need to be polled, and the reply was:

Humidity, operating state, and fan state have to be polled, the others auto-update

Comment

Wanted to bump an old topic here... Has anyone found a fix for this? I'd like to start recording my temperature, fan run time,and humidity so I can graph it over time. Is there a better thermostat out there that can do this and still be z-wave controlled?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dnomyar220 View Post
                  Wanted to bump an old topic here... Has anyone found a fix for this? I'd like to start recording my temperature, fan run time,and humidity so I can graph it over time. Is there a better thermostat out there that can do this and still be z-wave controlled?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
                  Same here. I'm using Jon00's graphing for HS3 (awesome plugin BTW). I seem to be noticing my Operating State updating without polling, but not immediately.

I'm polling Temperature and Relative Humidity every 5 min.

Also, if I poll the root node, some child nodes' Last Updated dates get updated even though there is no change. Mode, Operating State, and the two Setpoints all have their dates change every time I poll.

I chose this thermostat for it's looks and I also liked that it had Relative Humidity, but after reading these forums and after my own experience, it would seem instant reporting is not one of this devices strong suites.

I would like instant reporting of Operating state more than anything else. Am I stuck polling once a minute?

Also, I recently ran a C-wire to my thermostat, excluded it and then re-included it so that it would be able to act as a repeater. Does anyone know where I can look to confirm that this device is acting like a powered, Z-wave repeater?

Thanks!
                  HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                  Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

As I noted before, this does not seem to be a priority. There are, now, seven bug tickets filed from as far back as 1/24/2014 and continuing through 1/2/2015. (1490, 1825, 2098, 2417, 2469, 2473, 2510)

No response from Homeseer since 4/24/2015 on any of the above tickets.

If you must have a thermostat that works properly, I'd call Homeseer and ask them which one is fully supported....
                    Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

I don't know about the looks, but I went through a painful experience of finding a reliable z-wave thermostat.

I finally chose RCS's TZ45, I deployed these in a commercial setting, >20 units on the same z-wave network and they have been rock solid. As far as I can tell it also has instant reporting for most parameters that I was interested in.
                      The only thing on my wish list is if HS supported z-wave clock class, so I could synch the clock of the thermostats.

The worst thermostat I tried was the honeywell one, zwstat, it was a nightmare when it was deployed in multiple units.

good luck.
                      Last edited by Amigo; November 14, 2016, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amigo View Post
                        I don't know about the looks, but I went through a painful experience of finding a reliable z-wave thermostat.

I finally chose RCS's TZ45, I deployed these in a commercial setting, >20 units on the same z-wave network and they have been rock solid. As far as I can tell it also has instant reporting for most parameters that I was interested in.
                        The only thing on my wish list is if HS supported z-wave clock class, so I could synch the clock of the thermostats.

The worst thermostat I tried was the honeywell one, zwstat, it was a nightmare when it was deployed in multiple units.

good luck.
                        This is really good information, I appreciate your feedback on experience. I own 3 CT100's, and they're relatively flaky. Drives me bonkers that it doesn't update the operating state. I'm about at the point where I may just go with RCS thermostats hooked up to directly to my ELK, and then interface with them through HS with the Ultra plugin.

Comment

happy to provide any and all info.
                          I bring in my RCS TZ45s using the standard HS3 z-wave plugin.
                          I have not tried the RCS's serial models (I am assuming that is what you are referring to when you say directly connecting to your ELK)
                          But given the quality and reliability from RCS, I would guess that would be also true with their serial models as well.

good luck.

Comment

Wow, I was just going to create a thread on this, but apparently I'm not the only one who is dissatisfied.....errr, downright irritated.

I have a CT100 for my Fireplace and a Honeywell ZSTAT for my detached garage. It seems like the only way I can get reporting is to set up a polling event every minute to hit each of those nodes. I have associations set up but it appears they DO NOTHING.

Very disappointing because I have submitted a ticket about this well over a year ago, as it sounds others have too.

Comment

FWIW, the workaround I ended up using is to poll the Op State and Temp devices in a repeating event that runs once a minute. I had to use an event because setting a polling option on the Z-wave tab of the devices was unreliable and very often would not update the device, even though the value had changed. Using an event to poll seems to work fine. Supposedly, the Temp device should be instant status, but in my experience it was unreliable, so I added it to the polling event since I was already polling the Op State.

Also, the Fan State device still does not update consistently, even with polling. (It did once upon a time...see Bug 2469.) I gave up on using it, and instead I use a combination of the Fan Mode and Op State devices to infer the fan state.

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
                                FWIW, the workaround I ended up using is to poll the Op State and Temp devices in a repeating event that runs once a minute. I had to use an event because setting a polling option on the Z-wave tab of the devices was unreliable and very often would not update the device, even though the value had changed. Using an event to poll seems to work fine. Supposedly, the Temp device should be instant status, but in my experience it was unreliable, so I added it to the polling event since I was already polling the Op State.

Also, the Fan State device still does not update consistently, even with polling. (It did once upon a time...see Bug 2469.) I gave up on using it, and instead I use a combination of the Fan Mode and Op State devices to infer the fan state.
                                Well, I suppose I will also stick to using this method, although native features that function would be nicer. I am going to swap the Honeywell in my garage out for a CT100 I have sitting around because the Honeywell keeps showing "Communication Lost" every couple days.

Comment

Working...
                                X