No announcement yet.

AEOTEC Multisensor 6_Trouble getting it to report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using the Z-wawe.me UZB-stick (EU), and still havn't seen that settings page on any of mine multisensors

Comment

This is definitely odd, if others are seeing the settings. It may be worthwhile to call HST (not email, but call). I'm wondering if it's a firmware issue of the sensor itself.

Worst case, though, is that you can control all the settings via parameters.

Comment

Unless they have support for aus i think im out of luck and yeah thats what ive been doing so far but the convience would be nice!

Comment

Same here, just wake up interval. Is there a XML config I can load for that device type? Or manually create one?

Comment

Same here, I would love to use the settings since parameters are not always clear enough with this device

Comment

Solved

Even though I just installed HS about a month ago and set it up the zwave plugin was very outdated. I saw it and got an update and now I have the options. But does anyone know if we can create user configs for other devices before HS team get to put them in a release?

Comment

Originally posted by Stubborn View Post
                Even though I just installed HS about a month ago and set it up the zwave plugin was very outdated. I saw it and got an update and now I have the options. But does anyone know if we can create user configs for other devices before HS team get to put them in a release?
                No unfortunately they embed the config for each device in the plugin. It would be great if they had some type of (xml?) file for each device so that they were easily customizable and easy to add new ones.

Cheers
                Al
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Got mine Running

Hi All,

Got 4 Running 3 on Batt and 1 USB. Running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.298 (Windows) , Z-Wave 3.0.1.94 , Aeotec 1.8 & 1.7

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                    It doesn't matter how they are powered when included. Like the multi sensor 5 they act according to the power applied, where the first generation required they be included while powered by the means you intend to use when installed. I found it easiest to include mine while USB powered so that I could set the parameters easily. If they were to be battery powered I put batteries in and installed them. The USB powered sensors remain awake and the battery powered sensors sleep. I have 16 itch about an equal number on USB power and battery powered. They are all working well.

Parameters 111-113 are the frequency of reporting for groups defined in 101-103. While Aeon implies that the wake up interval will affect when reports are sent I had the best results setting wake up at 6 minutes and parameter 111 at 300 seconds. My powered units have 111 at 120 seconds. They all seem to be reliably reporting at 5 minutes and 2 minutes respectively.

A couple of them would not report motion properly until I set parameter 4 to 5 for maximum sensitivity.

I like mine to time out more quickly, so I changed parameter 3 from the default of 240 seconds.

I've attached the parameter list that Christopher sent.
                    Randy,
                    Have you figured out the values for parameters 101 to 103 to get various values to report? The table below(in the Eng_spec) seems blank?
                    Thanks, BobSpen

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
                      Randy,
                      Have you figured out the values for parameters 101 to 103 to get various values to report? The table below(in the Eng_spec) seems blank?
                      Thanks, BobSpen
                      The settings should all be available under the Z-Wave tab "settings". The engineering spec sheet tells you how to generate a decimal number to determine which items are in which group. The chart header is on page 9 and the bit chart is on page 10. It is
                      • Luminance = bit 7 (128)
                      • Humidity = bit 6 (64)
                      • Temperature = bit 5 (32)
                      • Ultraviolet = bit 4 (16)
                      • Battery = bit 0(1)
                      The default value in group 1 is 241. Luminance+Humidity+Temperature+Battery+Ultraviolet (128+64+32+16+1). Each of the groups can have different items, 160 would report Luminance and Temperature.

Hopefully this makes sense.
                      Last edited by randy; November 1, 2016, 08:33 PM.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade
                        The settings should all be available under the Z-Wave tab "settings". The engineering spec sheet tells you how to generate a decimal number to determine which items are in which group. The chart header is on page 9 and the bit chart is on page 10. It is
                        • Luminance = bit 7 (128)
                        • Humidity = bit 6 (64)
                        • Temperature = bit 5 (32)
                        • Ultraviolet = bit 4 (16)
                        • Battery = bit 1(1)
                        The default value in group 1 is 241. Luminance+Humidity+Temperature+Battery+Ultraviolet (128+64+32+16+1). Each of the groups can have different items, 160 would report Luminance and Temperature.

Hopefully this makes sense.
                        Randy,
                        This make perfect sense---thank you so much(I now understand the table on page 10).

I am testing with various setting and getting strange results:
                        Note: this is all with battery operated devices

ROOT DEVICE SETTINGS: I have all sensors except the battery in group 1 with a 13 minute reporting interval and the battery in group 2 with a 12 hr (even though the document says this will be reinterpreted to 2 hr max??).
                        I have the wakeup interval set at 15 minutes(in 'settings").
                        I have the Z-wave controller POLLING set at 0.

I have two events that trigger on 1) the battery child device being "set" and 2) the temp child device being "set" and write a log entry for each.

RESULTS:
                        1) The temp device "sets" every ~15 minutes(BUT it "sets" 2 to 3 times at the 15 minute interval, all within a few seconds?)---maybe the Z-wave controller "sets" all devices in a group each time it "sets" one???

2) The battery device "sets" sometimes on consecutive 15 minute interval(close to the above temp device "setting"). Sometimes the battery device "sets" on an interval of 1 hr , 2 hrs or as long as 3.5 hours??

QUESTION:
                        I am not sure I understand the interplay between the 3 possible interval setting:
                        a) The Z-wave polling interval(now set to 0),
                        b) The wakeup interval at the bottom of the root device SETTINGS page, and
                        c) The "group" reporting interval(for groups 1,2 and 3) on the root device SETTINGS page.

Thanks for listening,
                        BobSpen

Comment

I typoed the battery as bit 1, it is bit 0. I fixed the original post. My multisensors were unpredictable on reporting schedules as well. As a matter of fact most of my Aeotec devices are unpredictable at reporting at least 1 item.
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Hopefully this is a valid thread to post this to...

I am having trouble getting the multisensor to report back on motion. I have removed it and added it back in and all I can get it to do is report that the battery door was removed after the shock sensor was activated. The thing is, it reacts right away to that. When it comes to any motion in front of it, nothing happens.

Parameter 4 from this thread is set to 5. The disturbing part, is that I cannot get it to change from that. I have tried entering 2, 3, and 4, without any change to the parameter after the UI refreshes.

Any thoughts on how to approach resolving this?

Comment

Originally posted by airedale View Post
                              Hopefully this is a valid thread to post this to...

I am having trouble getting the multisensor to report back on motion. I have removed it and added it back in and all I can get it to do is report that the battery door was removed after the shock sensor was activated. The thing is, it reacts right away to that. When it comes to any motion in front of it, nothing happens.

Parameter 4 from this thread is set to 5. The disturbing part, is that I cannot get it to change from that. I have tried entering 2, 3, and 4, without any change to the parameter after the UI refreshes.

Any thoughts on how to approach resolving this?
                              Can't remember if this is needed for the motion sensor, but double check the root device to ensure that HomeSeer is associated on Group 1.

Cheers
                              Al
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

All of the options are part of Group 1 - seems that may be the default setting.

I am starting to wonder if the motion sensor itself is damaged. Any ideas on how to test that out?!

Comment

Working...
                                X