No announcement yet.

Security Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbever: Thanks for the feedback. The cameras I have are analog so will need a dvr for second home, but your nvr will be what I'll use at my primary home.

mikedr: I looked at synology, and I would need like 10-14 camera licenses per home. At about $50/license this can get pricey. The properties are large so, I need that many cams to get adequate coverage. It does seem like a great system though. Thanks!
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Dahua have a newer version of that called NVR4208-8P-4K with much better bitrate for almost the same price. Have ordered one and will get it next week.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Engli...542322647.html

Comment

I am happy with the dahua nvr I picked up for the most part. I am still trying to figure things out though. I have 4 cams right now and will be adding at least 4 more after winter.

I am still struggling with trying to get the video feed into hstouch since it's only RTSP coming out of the nvr. If you have ideas I am all ears . Also want snapshot into text when doorbell rings. Still trying to figure that out.

Caution on buying dahua stuff though. Make VERY sure you don't buy Chinese firmware units including cameras. You can brick you stuff real quick if you try to take updates. I saw cheaper prices on eBay and such but decided to stick with Amazon and a company that is home based just for this reason.

Comment

I always buy cameras from China. Mainly AliExpress.
          Not much trouble with the camera's.
          In my experience it is not very hard to flash them when you do have Chinese version.
          But they also sell cams with English firmware, just send them a message if you're not certain and ask if you can update them without problems.
          Bought about 26 ip cams now and all of them still work great Dahua /hikvision.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
            Caution on buying dahua stuff though. Make VERY sure you don't buy Chinese firmware units including cameras. You can brick you stuff real quick if you try to take updates. I saw cheaper prices on eBay and such but decided to stick with Amazon and a company that is home based just for this reason.
            Thanks for the advice. I emailed the ebay seller just to be sure and he confirmed it is the US version. I'm also in a hurry to get it setup up and running so, I don't have time to do upgrades or get into that now.
            Tom

Comment

Vincenttor,
              Thanks. I've looked at Aliexpress in the past. What models of Dahua and Hikvision have your bought and/or recommend.

Originally posted by Vincenttor View Post
              I always buy cameras from China. Mainly AliExpress.
              Not much trouble with the camera's.
              In my experience it is not very hard to flash them when you do have Chinese version.
              But they also sell cams with English firmware, just send them a message if you're not certain and ask if you can update them without problems.
              Bought about 26 ip cams now and all of them still work great Dahua /hikvision.
              Tom

Comment

Here are the things I bought

NVR:
                http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s03

Cameras:
                http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s02

Prices appear to have changed since I bought them though. I did not spend that much per camera.

I wanted to go with the domed cameras for looks and the fact that I can hide all the cables where with the bullet cameras there is some wire exposed. Paranoid maybe...

I need to buy a few more once the snow thaws in the spring for the back of the house and I will probably get domed ones again with more of a wide angle to cover more area of the back yard with less equipment.

I also had two vivint branded cameras sitting in a box that were useless previously, but work pretty well connected to this NVR (through the network port, the NVR can see cameras on your network). I am using these in the garage.

I still need to put more cameras on the front of the house too, but I have the immediate need dealt with. I am happy with the picture and the night vision on these things is amazing.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice images indeed.
                  I actually today put up another can at my house.
                  @tom
                  About the types, I must come back on that, lying in bed now have to wake up in 5 hours.
                  Tomorrow when I'm in my hotel I'll find the sellers I bought them from and models.

Comment

Ok so , i have bought in the past hikvision camera's
                    These are the Hikvision ds-2cd2032-i ( 3 MP)
                    Problem indeed whats there is the chinese software on these, but i flashed them and they are still working great.
                    Only "problem" when they are in chinese is that 1 you can't read the settings menu haha, and 2 is that the time/date displayed in your camera image is in Chinese.

When flashed with other firmware this problem is gone.

But, since i used more dahua NVR's its much easier to use dahua camera's since they are found easily without "tweaking" the camera's

Not much difference in image quality if you ask me, as far i can see with my eyes

Biggest difference is that some camera's (Hikvision,Dahua, etc) use different sensors, i have owned one camera with a sony exmor sensor and some with a aptina sensor but i could not see a big noticable difference in the quality.
                    Probably als is related to what sort of lens is used but im no expert in this.

These are some of the first Dahua cams i have bougt -
                    http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...a+IPC-HFW4300S

At night the sight is ok, when used in a building with walls surrounded area's its good with the Infrared , on bigger distances no IR reflection like a field its not so great.
                    Then again, thats with most camera's that i have tested.
                    this is a image at a friend of mine where i placed this cam a couple of years ago.

to view the bigger image click here : CLICK CLICK CLICK

And this is at night with the IR from the cam.

Then we have the hikvision 2ds2032 - these still have chinese firmware on them since he doesnt care about it and doesnt want me to update them haha.

What makes the image a bit to white is that the dahua housing is visible at the left of the image , reflecting the IR next to the hikvision and gives bad sight but he does not want to change the location, so be it..

===================================================
                    These camera's i just got working and put up my own building.

I got none at night yet, since there is no HD right now in the recorder

Camera up left is a dahua IPC-HDBW4421R ( 4 MP)

this is a 2.8 mm lens

Camera up right is also a dahua ipc-hdbw4421R (4mp)
                    With a 3.6mm lens, colors are slightly off but this is a setting.
                    These cams i have bought from several sellers, but recently i bought them from this seller :
                    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Origi...468184582.html

Camera bottom left is a PTZ camera.
                    No real brand actually

2 Mp - 20 x zoom - IR (laser??) and onvif compatbility.
                    I must say, works pretty good for this money, got 2 of these now and a little but different but in door model.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/507-2...261356033.html

These images are shot over a internet connection, so i have set the quality a little bit lower to save bandwidth that i a "borrowing"
                    So on the recorder or in your LAN the image would be a bit sharper.

Also. what doesn't hurt.
                    Is to clean your lenses from time to time, big noticable difference if you do this.

Anyway, these are some of the camera's i use.

Comment

Hey everyone, Im fairly new to the world of HomeSeer and have been roaming around these forums and think I have a good idea of what I need to do. Just wanted to run it by some one you to get your feedback.

I want to put in some security cameras, have them viewable through my HomeSeer app but also to record through a NVR so if I need to access the recordings, I can. I'm not a huge fan of Blue Iris because you have to have a dedicated PC to save all of the data.

I was thinking of getting some Foscam IP cameras that support snapshot URL along with the NVR thats been talked about on here:

What are your thoughts?

Comment

I think the downside to the Foscams is that they aren't the best resolution? But don't quote me.

Most cameras have a snapshot URL.

Comment

Originally posted by pgoshtasbi View Post
                          Hey everyone, Im fairly new to the world of HomeSeer and have been roaming around these forums and think I have a good idea of what I need to do. Just wanted to run it by some one you to get your feedback.

I want to put in some security cameras, have them viewable through my HomeSeer app but also to record through a NVR so if I need to access the recordings, I can. I'm not a huge fan of Blue Iris because you have to have a dedicated PC to save all of the data.

I was thinking of getting some Foscam IP cameras that support snapshot URL along with the NVR thats been talked about on here:

What are your thoughts?
                          Another potential issue is that although the Foscam cameras may be ONVIF compliant (I assume they are) there are different versions of the standard and they may or may not be automatically recognized by the NVR. If not you might be able to configure the cameras manually but if you search some of the IP camera forums it can be hit and miss. I think you are better off sticking with the same manufacturer of the cameras and NVR unless you are know they are compatible. The Dahua cameras should have a snapshot URL as well (I don't have that implemented). HSTouch is supposed to implement an RTSP functionality which is available on that NVR.

Comment

RTSP is not working in hstouch yet. No eta either. I am still trying to figure out how to get my video into hstouch from the nvr.

Comment

Is there also no jpeg stream available with stills ?
                              Maybe use a javascript page reload script to refresh them constantly ?

Comment

The dahua nvr only allows RTSP out of it. I have it setup to ftp stills to a share on my server, but not sure how to make this work for me. There is no http coming out of the nvr.

Comment

Working...
                                X