Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danfoss LC13 thermostat setpoint

Hope I can explain it understandable...
    With the plugin 3.0.0.19 the IH widget is working as it should with one important issue: if I want to change the heating setpoint from e. 18c to 21c I have to push the Up arrow 6 times (0.5c steps). Each time a value gets added to the z-wave waikup queue. When the LC13 walks up, than it gets flushed with the different values and in some cases the LC13 just stops working.
    To prevent this, the IH widget should only send a new heating setpoint after a 2s delay after the last entry. I guess this could be done in the IH itself or on the IH plugin.

Any thoughts on this?

Rgds,

Ulrich

well. most thermostats don't have any problem when changing the setpoint a few times within a second, so I'm not sure I want to start implementing specific rules in the plugin for specific thermostats.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      well. most thermostats don't have any problem when changing the setpoint a few times within a second, so I'm not sure I want to start implementing specific rules in the plugin for specific thermostats.
      Thanks for the response!
      You are right that it would get complex to maintain the plugin if there are many rules are implemented to bypass device specific issues.

My proposal is actually device independent: For any widget input which increases/decreases a value, it makes no sense to send for each intemediate step the value to the device queue. Only the value you want should be send over. To determine the value you actually want would be the 2s delay after the last input.
      Of course a flag could be set in the plugin config if you want the 2s delay trigger or not. (even I can't think of why the intermediate steps may be useful...)
      This is just an idea how to improve your plugin.

Comment

Working...
      X