Output Trigger Event not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Output Trigger Event not Working

I have a simple event that turns on a output relay when motion is detected to enable some speakers. The event runs, and shows the output device turning on, but doesn't actually turn in on mechanically, but shows on in device management.

If I run the event manually, the output devices turns on and all is good. I can manually just turn the device on and off from the Device Management screen and it also works fine.

Using another device in place of the relay, such as a z-wave light, also works fine. Just seems to be with Arduino output devices?

Anyone else noticing this?

Originally posted by zakrzep View Post
    I have a simple event that turns on a output relay when motion is detected to enable some speakers. The event runs, and shows the output device turning on, but doesn't actually turn in on mechanically, but shows on in device management.

If I run the event manually, the output devices turns on and all is good. I can manually just turn the device on and off from the Device Management screen and it also works fine.

Using another device in place of the relay, such as a z-wave light, also works fine. Just seems to be with Arduino output devices?

Anyone else noticing this?
    I control 20-25 output pins across 5 boards 4 mega and 1 Uno - all connected by Ethernet. All outputs are controlled by events and operate reliably. 1 output on each of the boards is operated by recurring events that run every 3 minutes as a test. Each of these outputs are connected to an input to confirm operation. If these tests fail, I get a message. I haven't had a failure this year.

All of my control relays operated by Arduino pins are onto-isolated and also work reliably. How are you driving the relays in your system?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Upon further investigation, it appears to work correctly when I setup a recurring trigger.

Right now, the issues appears to be when the trigger is an Arduino input (Motion Detector) and the action is controlling an Arduino output (relay). This combination is not working.

In all cases, the event is triggering and showing in the Homeseer log, so it's seems to be that combination.

Comment

Ok. I found a workaround. I had to add a 1 sec delay for controlling the output. I think something is getting missed in the Arduino code when an Arduino input trigger is used to control another an Arduino output.

Comment

Ok. I found a workaround. I had to add a 1 sec delay for controlling the output. I think something is getting missed in the Arduino code when an Arduino input trigger is used to control another an Arduino output.
          Could you post a screenshot of the event?

Comment

Here is the screenshot where I had to add a delay of 1 sec.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is the screenshot where I had to add a delay of 1 sec.
              Are the trigger and control devices both Arduino? The PIR being an Arduino input and the 1st Floor Dining Ann-Dining / Study an Arduino output. If they are both Arduino, are they on the same board?

Comment

Yes to both. Both Arduino input and output and both on the same board. I think that is the issue.

Comment

Yes to both. Both Arduino input and output and both on the same board. I think that is the issue.
                  I don't have exactly the same setup in my system. I will try the same setup on my test board and see if I can duplicate it. I am wondering if there is some sort of traffic induced delay.

For reference, what version of the plug-in are you running, what O/S, what board and how is the board connected (USB or Ethernet)?

Comment

Well, I just upgraded the plugin to Beta 1.0.0.139 yesterday to see if I could fix the issue. Can't remember what version I was using prior, but I believe it was also Beta 1.0.0.138

Arduino Mega connected via USB

Comment

Just to reiterate, prior to adding the 1 sec delay, which fixed the issue, the device switched to the ON status in Homeseer, but the Arduino did not actually turn the output/relay ON electronically.

Comment

Working...
                      X