How to control single device w/remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to control single device w/remote

How do you control a single device within a group with the RF remote?

I don't think you can or it wouldn't be a group. I haven't put any of my devices in a group yet. I've learned them all into the single numeric buttons so far.

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

So the 1 - 6 buttons are single devices?

What if i have more then 6 devices?

This z-wave stuff is weird, Personally im not to impressed.

Comment

I believe you can have up to 64 individual devices. The 6 are just quick pick devices. See this thread on how to access 7 and up.

I love these zwave devices. No X10 noise problems, no signal collisions, no coupler repeaters, etc. I personally do not use the remote. I store in in my desk after teaching the devices to HS.

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...4&m=3446025175

-Rupp
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Im not planning on using the remote on daily basis either. i just want a full understanding of what it can or cant do.

it is my understanding that the plug-in units do not have any load sensing ability. ie no local control (except the button).

Thank you

Comment

The 6 buttons are "speed" or "group" buttons. It is easy to add your first 6 devices to those, but you don't have to. You can also add multiple devices to those groups so that you are operating many devices with one button. The instructions that came with the controller explain how to add a device, but they still refer to it as a group because beyond the 6 speed buttons you can apparently still build groups. To access them, just use the right and left arrow buttons.

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")
            HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
            X