www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Irrigation Plug-ins > Irrigation Discussion

Irrigation Discussion Discussion of irrigation integration with HomeSeer systems.

Old October 10th, 2017, 12:39 AM
Seer Deluxe

Hydrawise by Hunter

Hunter offers an awesome Irrigation WiFi controller. I have use this and am impressed with what it offers.

The only short coming is we need a Plug-in for Home seer

Devoir
Old April 6th, 2018, 08:12 PM
Viewer

I vote for a plug in

+1
Old April 7th, 2018, 01:30 PM
Seer Deluxe

+2

+2 votes

Devoir
Old June 16th, 2018, 10:44 AM
Seer

I recently moved to a new house in Tennessee and upgraded the pre-existing traditional Hunter Irrigation controller with Hydrawise so I could control via computer, Alexa or smartphone, including the ability to adjust watering schedules via local sensor and internet data and have remote access. My original plan was to then interface Hydrawise with Homeseer (All lighting and climate in the house is controlled via Homeseer).

As I got into using the Hydrawise web interface which is excellent, I realized there was nothing I would want to do with Homeseer... that I could not already do with the Hydrawise interface. Still...desiring to be able to control with BOTH Hydrawise and Homeseer, I searched the Message Board and note that there is no Homeseer plugin interface for Hydrawise. It would be very interesting to see one developed and to see if Homeseer could take Hydrawise to an even higher level..... but its darn good as-is!

Last edited by stevenslosangeles; June 16th, 2018 at 01:35 PM.
Old July 12th, 2018, 09:35 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenslosangeles View Post
I recently moved to a new house in Tennessee and upgraded the pre-existing traditional Hunter Irrigation controller with Hydrawise so I could control via computer, Alexa or smartphone, including the ability to adjust watering schedules via local sensor and internet data and have remote access. My original plan was to then interface Hydrawise with Homeseer (All lighting and climate in the house is controlled via Homeseer).

As I got into using the Hydrawise web interface which is excellent, I realized there was nothing I would want to do with Homeseer... that I could not already do with the Hydrawise interface. Still...desiring to be able to control with BOTH Hydrawise and Homeseer, I searched the Message Board and note that there is no Homeseer plugin interface for Hydrawise. It would be very interesting to see one developed and to see if Homeseer could take Hydrawise to an even higher level..... but its darn good as-is!
Well now that I have been using Hydrawise for a while.... one definite addition that could be made by a Homeseer plugin would be a more flexible set of options to control if then else possibilities for "Watering Triggers". Hydrawise has a good base set in their program.... but having more flexible possibilities to control water / don't water / change watering times based on external events would really be a value add!