www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > User Interface Plug-ins > User Interface Discussion

User Interface Discussion User Interface Plug-ins

Old April 15th, 2018, 05:36 PM
Seer

Best PI to turn on Events w/ Alexa?

It appears that the Alexa PI by Spud, is used to add microphones and speakers without using an Echo. I just want to start and stop Events in HS3Pro. Do I still need the Alexa PI for that?
Old April 15th, 2018, 06:19 PM
OverSeer

If you have an Amazon device then no plugin is needed as it's all build in to one of the skills.
https://homeseer.com/amazon-alexa-integration/
Old April 15th, 2018, 07:58 PM
Seer

Got it to work.
Thanks!

Now, I’ve got a bigger task.....
I have an Arduino Uno that I’ve set up to talk X10 protocol. I use the Arduino PI and two dimmable and one On/Off Devices across 3 Outputs on the Arduino. One dimmable device is set to select HOUSE (A thru P), the second selects UNIT (1 thru 16), and the On/Off selects the FUNCTION (ON/OFF).
I’ve been able to pre-select one of the X10 devices in HS3 and set it up as a Light in the Alexa app and turn it on and off. I would like to set up several X10 devices in Alexa to turn on/off. However, Alexa only sees one Arduino output and the pre-selected X10 device. Is there a way to set up the other X10 devices?