handling unknown status at start-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

handling unknown status at start-up?

I had a problem recently where many of my devices went to status unknown at HS startup. Aside from wondering how this happened -- I suspect a corruption of Device_State.bin when the pc lost power -- I have been at a loss on how to handle it.

I had previously set up some failsafe events to reset some of my virtual devices (flags) to a default state on the condition that the device state changed to unknown, assuming that would take care of it, but apparently if the device state is unknown at start-up the event does not trigger, presumably because the status does not change. So my failsafe events failed...

As far as I can tell, there is no way to trigger an event when status IS unknown -- only when status CHANGES to unknown. I guess I could write a script to check critical devices for status = 17, but I am wondering if I am missing some event condition that I might set to handle this more directly? And I am also wondering how this happened in the first place?

If these are Z-wave devices you can simply setup a polling schedule and the next time that poll happens it will update status. Not sure how this is handled with other types of switches/equipment.

Comment

I normally get this when i've forcibly closed HS after its been playing up, sometimes it does it other times it does not. Like you it can have some interesting consequences (my thermostat script then reads the temperarture as 0 so the heating goes on - I should fix it really), I don't think there is any way to handle this by homeseer by condition, I can't see any conditons for it any way.

I'd look at looping through the devices (perhaps by hs.getdeviceenumerator) and checking for status 17 and doing whatever you need.

Comment

Working...
      X