difference is between Learn Devices and Reload Devices on the config form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

difference is between Learn Devices and Reload Devices on the config form

I've read the help file but I still do not really understand what the difference is between Learn Devices and Reload Devices on the Z-Wave config form. Can someone enlighten me. TIA
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

It would be nice to know the difference. I just installed the USB controller and HS asked me if I wanted to delete ALL my devices - It didn't specify if that was just the Zwave ones.

So what is the diff between the two ?
    Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

Learn devices copies all the device ID's from the remote to the USB interface and saves them in flash in the USB interface. The interface now knows which devices it can control.

Reload devices simply copies the devices from the USB interface to HS. If you took your USB interface to a new PC with a fresh install of HS, all you would need to do is the reload function. You wouldn't even need the remote. Device ID's would be read and loaded into HS. Along with the device ID, the class of the device is also re-loaded. The class tells HS what type of device it is.

So the learn function does 2 things, it copies the device information from the remote and saves it to flash, then it does the reload function to load the devices into HS.

Comment

Thanks Rich.

Comment

Yes thanks.
          Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

Working...
          X