Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video - New HomeSeer HS-LS100+ Leak Sensor Crazy Behavior!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video - New HomeSeer HS-LS100+ Leak Sensor Crazy Behavior!

Here is a video of the crazy behavior of the New HomeSeer HS-LS100+ Leak Sensor. It does not trigger when it sense water but instead triggers when it no longer senses water!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99IxyaKABVo

At first it would flip back and fourth very quickly over and over again between "no event" and and "water detected" and now it only reports when it is NOT sensing water.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
    jean@vaneskahian.com

I was just reading the manual and I think there might need to be a different parameter setting for 14 and 17. 14 enables basic set commands and 17 the time interval for it to report a leak. Maybe changing 17 to a 1 and wait one minute while it is in water would give you a reading.

Comment

The interesting thing here is that just a moment before I shot the video it was NOT behaving this way. Just before the video was shot it would report “Water Notification” as Water Leak Unknown Location and then immediately go back to No Event while still on water then it would flip back and fourth every second or so going from Water Leak Unknown Location back to No Event constantly until it was taken out of the water.

Now it only reports when it is taken out of water... it is nuts.
      jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

I just tested mine the same way and it appears to be working fine. It detects when in water and when out of water. My battery shows 100% and has updated. The temperature has not updated, but I suspect it only sends it periodically.

My Z-Wave plugin version is: 3.0.1.162
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by jeanv View Post
          The interesting thing here is that just a moment before I shot the video it was NOT behaving this way. Just before the video was shot it would report “Water Notification” as Water Leak Unknown Location and then immediately go back to No Event while still on water then it would flip back and fourth every second or so going from Water Leak Unknown Location back to No Event constantly until it was taken out of the water.

Now it only reports when it is taken out of water... it is nuts.
          Have you tried changing parameter 17 to a 1? This will set it at 1 min response time. So when you set it in the water it should report 1 min later. Right now it is set at 5 as default. I think you press the button 4 times and then initiate a parameter change in settings. The response for removing it from water is normal.

At least it would tell you if it is working correctly or not.

Comment

I have now set parameter 17 to a value of 1 with no change in leak detection behavior at all.

I also set parameters 18 to 1 and 19 to 1 also...

It does now report Temperature but still never triggers the shock sensor in terms of reporting though does trigger the LED on the device when you move it (it is just that HS never sees that).

It still only reports leak when it removed from water (it reports it immediately when it is removed... no waiting) but it does NOT report when it senses water.

The battery that it shipped with keeps registering lower and lower... maybe that is it? Needless to say, I am not happy with this device so far and I don't know how I feel about trusting it to detect a water leak.
            Attached Files
            jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Here it is again... Same behavior: Only Reports When It no longer senses water!

Dec-18 6:45:29 PM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Node 10 Water Notification Set to NOTIFICATION for type Water Notification, Event: No Event

Dec-18 6:45:28 PM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Node 10 Water Notification Set to NOTIFICATION for type Water Notification, Event: Water Leak Detected Unknown Location

The Shock Sensor NEVER reports back to HomeSeer (But the LED does show is locally)... Temperature does..

Here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwDl2C9nV64
              jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Just a hunch but you might try excluding it first. Then reset it based on manual. Then re-include it. Make sure it is within a couple of feet from the controller. Something just might be out of whack.

Set parameter 17 back to 1 to test. Set it in water and wait one minute to see if it reports. Don't move it from the water for the entire minute.

Comment

I tried what you suggested... No luck... I am at a loss here... any other ideas? You will see in the video the type of craziness I am getting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOIiCMyNxno
                  jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

After watching the video I see what may be the problem. Don't pull out the battery through these steps.
                    1. start exclude, press button 3 times quickly, led should stop blinking when it's done
                    2. to reset, hold button down for 20 sec and release as soon as led goes solid
                    3. start include, press button for 5 sec, release

You may have to try to do an include using the non-secure. Exclude first. Start include and press button once.
                    Last edited by cowinger; December 18, 2017, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I have tried what you are saying without ever removing the battery. It does not make a difference. I have a video of me trying it without removing the battery. Maybe this unit shipped with a bad battery? Maybe low power is the problem to all this erratic behavior? I have ordered more of these batteries from Amazon.

Right now I need to step away from this thing. I expected alot more from this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHP71xOvc-A
                      jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Ok so I connected a variable power supply to the battery leads on the Leak Sensor and SOME of the erratic behavior went away. It Enrolled perfectly with 8 Child nodes.

BUT when dipped in water, the same crazy behavior came up again and again.

Sometimes it would reports by constantly cycling through Leak Detected and No Event constantly while in water and sometimes it would report NOTHING at all until it was taken out of water... Watch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwzGYOA6Za8
                        Attached Files
                        jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Just as a final test, I let the leak sensor sit in water for 8 minutes and it NEVER reported it back to HomeSeer (or blink the LED) until I took it out of the water then, as usual, it immediately reported back to back:

Dec-18 10:41:31 PM - Z-Wave - Device: Z-Wave Node 12 Water Notification Set to NOTIFICATION for type Water Notification, Event: Water Leak Detected Unknown Location

Dec-18 10:41:32 PM - Z-Wave - Device: Z-Wave Node 12 Water Notification Set to NOTIFICATION for type Water Notification, Event: No Event

To Summarize:

1 - The battery may have been at fault for some of the erratic behavior
                          2 - Even when connected to a power supply it still does not ever report the shock sensor back to HomeSeer even though the LED does blink when moved
                          3 - Water detection is alternates between the fast cycling of Leak Detected and No Event and only ever reporting when it is taken out of water.

Am I the only one seeing this behavior? Does anyone have anything else they want me to try?
                          jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

I know this is going to sound redundant but in watching the press of the switch I have found that the speed in which you press it makes a difference. So put it in exclude and when you press the switch 3 times do it as fast as you can. Slow presses may not work. For some reason there are devices that have to have it done this way. Not sure if this is one of them but worth a try.
                            If it excludes correctly then do an include. No need for a reset this time.

Comment

It was not the speed of the presses in relation to add and removing the device from the ZWave controller, it 100% was the battery. Once I connected a power supply and dialed it to 3.65V DC the sensor:

- Excluded properly
                              - Hardware Reset Properly
                              - Included Properly

The problem I think is now the sensor itself, specifically the contacts (I think, not sure).

As you can see in the video with the hardwired bench setup it is now enrolled and does communicate... Just not how it should. I will try the external contacts probe tomorrow and see if that make a difference. Also it NEVER reports shock or movement of the sensor back to HomeSeer though it does light the LED locally when it is moved.

Do you have one of these? Have you seen any of this behavior?
                              jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Working...
                              X