No announcement yet.

mcsMusic Feature Requests and Problem Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm all clear on why you're seeing what you're seeing - and I see the same with that version. I have just noticed that if I monitor a SliMP3 from Now Playing and I select using the drop down the same playist that is playing on that SliMP3 then I get the NowPlaying info filled in - and this tracks the player if you use the IR. However if you have any other playlist selected but then alter the playlist on the SliMP3 it doesnt track the player or fill in any info. This is using the beta connector. So it appears that ths now playing is not simply copied over from the xAP connector and filled in as the xAP connector is reporting the correct and current info. K

Comment

That's close. I've now got the latest plugin installed, 1.6.0, and I'm still having problems. I'll defer to Michael here... I'm not seeing the 6 players I've added - 4 Audreys and 2 Slimp3. Instead, I see only one player icon on the web page, and I can't get it to correspond to any of the players. I've looked over the docs again, but I don't see where I've gone wrong. I am getting an errors in the HS log:

ProcessASP Object doesn't support this property or method
      GetCurrentStatus 0,0 Argument not optional
      Script Run Error Object doesn't support this property or method / 0 - @ Line 0 col 0 Object doesn't support this property or method

I'll go over it again just to be sure.

- Gordon

Did they really change the Star Trek motto under Jean-Luc Picard's command to, "To Baldly Go Where No Man's Hair's Gone Before!" ???

"Don't look under the hat."
      - Gordon, 2004
      |
      | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
      HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Gordon,
        I cannot see to much that could cause the errors reported so I put a little progress indicator for the error debug in V1.6.3.

The script error may be related to the above, but just don't know. When the player spec changed to allow user-definition of the number of each then the player IDs changed from static to dynamic. Since the playerID is a script input parameter then you may need to update your mcsMusicPlayer.txt file. I'll attach mine for reference, but it has local customizations so you will not be able to use it in total. Look especially at the Init function where the player IDs are computed.

The Audrey support will not be in the plugin until version 2 of the mcsAudrey plugin is released. It will have the phJuke support being provided by ThePod.

Kevin,
        The album covers are based upon the Album Picker function having run from the Library Tab. It makes a copy of the available covers from the CDJ folder into the plugin folder and changes the name to remove special characters. If you are not getting any when running the CDJ player via the plugin, then look in the Plugin's Album cover folder which defaults to \HTML\mcsMusic\AlbumCovers and see if they were created there. Take a look at a filename and compare it with the name of the album in CDJ and the name with respect to the Artist-Album naming convention. The reconcille function will have report any naming problems with album covers.

Gordon & Kevin,
        I do not think it is useful to spend much time trying to make the released SliMP3 connector generate Now Playing screen updates. When the new connector comes out then we can place our efforts there.
        Attached Files

Comment

OK, that's probably it, Michael. I installed 1.4.3 fomr the updater, then overlaid the three files int he 1.6.x zip form the top of this thread. I have an older mcsMusicPlayer.txt file, starts with:

Const CDJ = 0
          Const PHJUKE = 1
          Const WINAMP = 10
          Const WMP = 14
          Const CUSTOM = 15

where yours above has:

Const I_CDJ = 0
          Const I_PHJUKE = 1
          Const I_WINAMP = 2
          Const I_WMP = 3
          Const I_SLIMP3 = 4
          Const I_CUSTOM = 5

Are changes surrounding those variables the only ones I need to make to that file, or should I get something more up-to-date, and if so, where?

Thanks.

- Gordon

Did they really change the Star Trek motto under Jean-Luc Picard's command to, "To Baldly Go Where No Man's Hair's Gone Before!" ???

- Gordon, 2004
          |
          | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show

Comment

If you always return TRUE from all the mcsMusicPlayer functions then the player ID does not matter. If you do anything that is customized to your setup and the customization depends upon the player then you will need something like I have for the init function. If I recall, the only change to the file was in this area.

I cannot inlude more up to date mcsMusicPlayer.txt files in the updates because I do not want to overwrite one that someone has customized. On this one I did put some words on the message board and updated the manual.

I'm still curious what happens with the latest ocx file. I really do not see where the errors could be coming from since they occur before the call to the script. All I know so far is that player 0 is the one being processed. It may be that your player 0 is Audrey and that definately wil cause a problem.

Comment

It was because the Audreys showed up first. When I deleted them, both SLimp3's showed up. Any way you can gray-out those controls for the devices and parts that aren't working?

- Gordon

- Gordon, 2004
              |
              | - Gordon

Comment

Had not realized that I forgot to when I restructed player selection. You will also want to edit you mcsMusicPlayer.txt file for the ShufflePlaylist function. There are two OptimizeChangers and no shufflePlaylist.

Comment

Michael, due to my rebuild, I am using a clean install from the HS updater. I then grabbed the 1.6.x zip and overlaid the 1.4.3 content with those three 1.6.x files. Are you saying that the 1.4.3 version in the updater has bad files, or that the 1.6.x update requires changes to the mcsMusicPlayer.txt file?

Would you suggest I simply go back to the stock 1.4.3 files?

- Gordon

- Gordon, 2004
                  |
                  | - Gordon

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CouchPotatoe:
                    Yes.. the SliMP3 connector does require the SlimServer to be running first - in order to asertain what players are connected.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think these days it is quite happy if it isn't there. Each time it needs the Slim Server when it hasn't yet established a connection it'll try again. And it'll keep trying on demand until it connects.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>There therefore may be an issue with the startup sequence and timing for services - and indeed the SlimServer can be quite unresponsive at launch so may not service the xAP connectors CLI requests in a timely manner anyway.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because of the above it ought to be fine. But I run the SlimServer on a really old PC which takes an absolute age to startup. I keep meaning to install a more local copy with a small set of data on my development machine but haven't got to that yet!

Stuart Booth
                    Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If I add a player (say, a Winamp client) to the Slim Server, I should not have to restart the Slim Server and the xAP connector to see it and allow it to be controlled.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
                      Oh, the xAP Slim Connector will quite happily cope with new players coming and going. It just displays what it can find when you start up the console version. The GUI version I have here has a look when you bring up a certain dialog that presents this information.

After startup, if you send a message targetted at a particular player, it'll find it whether or not it existed at startup.

It does this because it looks up a player name with the SlimServer to determine its endpoint address that the SlimServer recognises. This creates a bit of extra traffic which I reduced by offering a caching facility so that once identified, a player name doesn't have to be resolved via communication with the SlimServer.

TBH I don't use that facility much!

Stuart Booth

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>As a work-around, there must be a way to set the dependency for the xAP service to depend on SlimServer... I just don't know the registry setting(s). It should have installed that way, IMO.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
                        That one is definitely on the ToDo list! I've been trying to finish off the new version before getting to the items like that though. That's what's introduced the terrible delay, adding this, that and the next thing, which leads to other items, and so on.
                        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It was not clear to me why the Viewer saw only one direction's packets, but not the other. If you are in the TCP stream, you should see both unless you are somehow setting up duplexed communications on two sets of ports. The viewer app (v1.2.1.2) doesn't show anything in terms of being a hub or not. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
                        I'm not quite clear what the problem is here. xAP Message Viewer displays all the xAP traffic it hears. If it doesn't display it, it was either malformed (Viewer v1.2.1.3 is much, much better at reporting errors to the user so this case should no longer apply) or wasn't sent properly.

Viewer will display "(xFx Hub)" in the caption bar if it is operating as a Hub. I *think* I have had that in since an early release, but I could be mistaken. v1.2.1.3 on the site should have that. A small update, v1.2.1.4, should be along soon, and I was checking the hub status testing something just tonight.

Stuart Booth

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Starting the SliMP3 xAP connector before the Slim Server is a problem in that release of the software. This is for two reasons. Firstly the SliMP3 connector builds tcp connections to the SliMP3 server and does not handle breaks in that connection elegantly - we know that really it should and the new release is intended to fix that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
                          Yup, that one is a big reason I haven't released the new build yet as I have been working on the GUI version. This will allow the SlimServer to be specified with a nice UI rather than editing the .config file around. I then have to establish a connection with the new details, dropping an old connection possibly. Haven't quite finished that as it had implications on how the configuration settings were saved, which is now done, so I can go back to this.
                          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Secondly the connector only builds its playet list at launch. Again I think as a feature request the ability to have dynamic player additions and removals is a good one, but it may be a little way down the list of priorities. Certainly technically I see no obstacles.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
                          I mentioned this one earlier, but this should not be an issue with either the current build...

Oh, hey, I just went to look back at my Change History log for the xAP Slim Connector. Check this out:

v1.2.7.0 (12th October 2003)
                          ========
                          Major alterations to the target addressing support so that KCSoft.SliMP3.<machine-name>:<SliMP3 Player Name> is used instead.
                          :

I had forgotten about that. So KCSoft.SliMP3.Instance:SlimPlayerName should work fine in that version allowing multiple Slims to work correctly! I hadn't realised I'd put it in that long ago.

Anyway, as I was saying before, connection establishing should be fine in all versions:

v1.2.7.1 (18th October 2003)
                          ========
                          :
                          Adjusted how the SliMP3 Server connection is established so that the connector can start even if the SliMP3 Server hasn't (yet) e.g. where Service startup order isn't ideal.
                          :

Stuart Booth

Comment

I have about 5000 songs on my computer. They are put on using WMP 9. They are all in .wmp format. Do I have to convert them all to mp3 format in order to use them? If so am I going to lose any quality.

If I do what is a good program that I can use to convert these?
                            Kirk

http://cleverhouseautomation.ca
                            http://southcoastwebsitedesign.ca

Comment

There are some basic tools to help manage playlist and related items and these tools deal in mp3. If you have your own playlists created and these playlists contain files of the wmp9 format then mcsMusic should not care. I'm not familiar with the format. I think you will, however, need to have the playlists in m3u format for the plugin. I dont recall if it looks for all files in a playlist folder or just the files that end with .m3u.

I you do any conversions, then first play with just a few to get a feel of the plugin to make certain it is what you want.

Comment

Ok I have created a folder called MP3s. Inside I put two folders. One is for band 1 and one is for band 2 . inside these folders are wma songs.

Also inside the MP3s folder I have added two MP3 songs and two wma songs.

I run the reconcile button and all playlist builders buttons and I get no songs in my list. All folders that I created are empty. I pointed the plugin to the F:\MP3s folder.

What am I missing?
                                Kirk

http://cleverhouseautomation.ca
                                http://southcoastwebsitedesign.ca

Comment

Working...
                                X