Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for direction

Hi all!

So ive got my system up and running nicely. Have played with some events, so when my door opens/closes it annouces each state. Was quite impressed that I figured out it, and cudos to the creators of homeseer

So Im evaluating this Security plugin, and have every intention to buy it. Im also using HSbuddy for now until Homeseer releasees their new app. Im looking on how to setup Arming/Disarm the system from this app or imperihome or even from the devices tab rather than the plugin/pannel. I was told / read about "virtual buttons". End state would be to have a wall mounted tablet somewhere as well to perform this action (along with camera views) which I think I can do with either HSbuddy or Homseers new app if its good.

Can anyone offer some basic steps on the best way to do this?

I basically want 3 buttons: ARM and Disarm and either Sleep/perimeter (havent figure out the difference there yet) and somehow have it prompt for the PIN code.

Thanks in advanced! Oh and to the Author of the pluin, nice work man! Lots of options there.

Anyone?

I just bought the plugin on faith I can get it to do what I want it to do, I hope it wasnt a mistake.

A guide or something would be nice to tell me how to use this. Bit frustrated.

Comment

My bad - missed this one

You need to add sensors to the plugin and specify value triggered for them. Then enter the ON and OFF values that trigger the sensor. This will get the device recognized by the plugin

Let me know how this works and you can get the plugin seeing the device changes
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply...Ive been tinkering and got that far; adding the sensors to the plugin. I have the Go Controls doors sensors plus their motion sensor. Guessing Im adding them all as "motion sensors" to the plugin and then match their values from the advanced tab of the device?

Would be a nice feature request: From the device list/ security mode that shows up after you install the plugin, to have buttons in the control feild of the "Security mode" that can set the system to the desired state: arm/prox/sleep/disarm, or I guess that is the point of the virutal buttons?

Sorry, still a bit of a noob to HS, but get comfortable with it and the logic.

thanks for making the plugin

Comment

Hi there,

Id like to bump this up again. I bought this plugin almost a year ago and I still dont really know how to use it properly. Im basically looking to setup a self monitored system with 3 arm modes: off/home/away, and possibly integrate into the new mobile app. there really isnt any good documentation on it (or I just cant find it) and considering the cost of the plugin I feel I havent achieved the value of it...Actually Im considering switching to Ring security as a whole and even dropping homseer all together...priorities I guess. While the automation ascpect has been fun I think security is starting to take priority now. Homeseer overall has been fantastic, but expensive.

Comment

BLSecurity allows you to add devices that are defined in HS3 and then act on them based on the value changes of the device
            It then allows you to act of them using the different modes in the plugin
            It is really a software way of providing an alarm without having an actual alarm

Can you post some screenshots of what you are having trouble with - I do not use the plugin myself as I have a DSC alarm but if you detail out what you want to do I can install it here on my test machine and play with it
            Let me know

I understand your concerns and if you want a refund just put in a ticket on Homeseers site and ask them for a refund
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by whoa_nelly View Post
              Hi there,

Id like to bump this up again. I bought this plugin almost a year ago and I still don't really know how to use it properly. I'm basically looking to setup a self monitored system with 3 arm modes: off/home/away, and possibly integrate into the new mobile app. there really isn't any good documentation on it (or I just cant find it) and considering the cost of the plugin I feel I haven't achieved the value of it...Actually I'm considering switching to Ring security as a whole and even dropping HomeSeer all together...priorities I guess. While the automation aspect has been fun I think security is starting to take priority now. HomeSeer overall has been fantastic, but expensive.
              I use this plug in for my security system at home. The power of HomeSeer + BLSecurity can provide a formidable customised security system. For example, I have got the following:
              >Alarm panel showing in an HSTouch app
              >A wall mounted Zipato Zipatile that acts as the tablet for HSTouch
              >Customised Alarm panel with a keypad that juggles all the numbers every refresh so that you can't guess the code by looking at finger smears
              >Some code in the customised panel that shows me a countdown indicator as to when it will refresh next
              >Some code in the customised panel that stops the refresh action after pressing a key - this stops it refreshing half way though entering the code
              >Some code in the customised panel that flips the key image so that I know it has been pressed
              >Very much bigger keys on the panel
              >Alarm messages are displayed inside the panel (!)
              >Voice messages that tell me how much time I have left to disable the alarm when coming home.
              >Integrated with an email to SMS gateway so that I can get SMS and email messages if the alarm is breached
              Integrated with UltraNetCam3 so that external movement around the house is captured if the alarm is breached
              Staged sirens. i.e. one siren goes off initailly then a second, then a third then a fourth if the system breached.
              Lights go on if the alarm is breached - but only if it dark in the rooms.

I am now working on automatic arming in an empty house using PHLocation2

As you can see, this plug-in is really flexible and combined with HomeSeer is amazingly customization.
              /Marcus

Comment

Working...
              X