Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to setup homeseer email to send and receive from gmail account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give this a try. This is for both send and receive email. If you don't want to receive then leave the bottom area blank.
    Attached Files

Comment

I did everything as above and this what I got:

Exception sending email via smtp.gmail.com (To:xxxxxx@gmail.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:homeseer, Attach = Authenticate as SSL client failed. You might be connecting to non SSL port.

Comment

Originally posted by rkshack View Post
        I did everything as above and this what I got:

Exception sending email via smtp.gmail.com (To:xxxxxx@gmail.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:homeseer, Attach = Authenticate as SSL client failed. You might be connecting to non SSL port.
        Do you have 2-stage authentication setup in Google? If you do then you can create a new email address but do not set it up with 2-stage.
        Then use this setup and try again.
        If you do have 2-stage then you need to log in and turn it off or if you still require it you will need to create an app password.
        See this post. https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...92&postcount=3 to create an app password with 2-stage authentication.

Comment

I have not activated 2 stage authentication.

Rkshack

Comment

Originally posted by rkshack View Post
            I have not activated 2 stage authentication.

Rkshack
            Make sure your password is correct. Caps lock off and spelling. If you have "use gmail" at the top still checked then uncheck it. Make sure your email username has @gmail.com at the end of it.

Comment

Alternatively you may need to set the account up to allow less secure apps. You can find the settings under myaccount.google.com Just use the avatar at the top right to make sure you are logged into the correct account if you have multiple GMail accounts.
              Karl S
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              1070 Devices
              56 Z-Wave Nodes
              104 Events
              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
              Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

I confirmed my password is correct. I even typed it in another window and pasted it so I can see what I am typing. ON google, under sign in and security I have allow less secure apps on.

I have used the smtp and use gmail settings without success. I just do not know what to do. I am trying to get a thermometer I have to email me If my garage freezer gets too warm. I am open for suggestions. Hi have the hs zee if it matters.

Fixed: I thought I had updated my system. I just did the update and now it works great with just entering email and password in the gmail area.
                Last edited by rkshack; June 13, 2018, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Along time ago people n the board used to use an open app called Stunnel.
                  It basically is a service that runs on the HS3 PC and acts as a bridge to GMAIL.
                  After getting it running (use the config file in the link below) you point your POP3/SMTP server to your local computer and then the Stunnel service connects to Google.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...stunnel+config

~Bill

Comment

Is there an update to this? I just updated my software TO 3.0.0.0.500 . i have managed toturn off the 2 stage security. Im getting notifications that a third party has tried to acess myagmail account, but I cant see HomeSeer listed. Have spent A good hour and truly frustrated

Comment

ksum worked like a sharm, Thanks ;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X