Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MNSandler HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.6.0 Release (Windows & Linux)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MNSandler HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.6.0 Release (Windows & Linux)

Version 3.0.6.0 is in the Updater. This version is Linux and Windows compatible. This is a Release version of the last beta 3.0.5.88. No additional changes/features. Homeseer 3.0.0.152 is required for this version for the best experience with the plugin during programming.

Please post issues with this Release to this thread.

This version can make backup copies of the insteon.ini to help avoid losing your configuration if HS3 crashes. You must setup an event using the new trigger and action provided.

Please see the Revision History for details: http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=138815

Important

1. Make a backup of your insteon.ini before you do this in case something goes wrong. You can revert the ini and homeseer database and restart HS and try again

2. You will need to add RecreateDevices=1 to the [config] section of the insteon.ini to update the hs device definitions related to HS control. A Restart is required. This is a one time fix.

To install:

Please install from the Updater

Linux Info:

Use the following for the Port name:

/dev/ttyS0 is COM1
    /dev/ttyS1 is COM2
    /dev/ttyUSB0 is USB

Do not attempt to set Port=USB in the insteon.ini. This is not supported on Linux.

The Linux version also supports the Hub.
    Last edited by mnsandler; March 22, 2017, 11:27 AM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Update failed message....

Is there a manual way to update my insteon version?

I have tried the normal way, from within homeseer, and it keeps failing. I have tried with the plugin enabled, as well as with the plugin disabled. I have restarted homeseer pro, with no joy, and I have also restarted the entire computer, still with no success.

Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by swanie2000 View Post
      Is there a manual way to update my insteon version?

I have tried the normal way, from within homeseer, and it keeps failing. I have tried with the plugin enabled, as well as with the plugin disabled. I have restarted homeseer pro, with no joy, and I have also restarted the entire computer, still with no success.

Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Michael
      Please post the errors you get when updating from the Updater from within Homeseer
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

A picture is worth a thousand words.....

Also, I have just updated Homeseer pro, to the latest version, and restarted the machine. Still getting this same error.
        Attached Files

Comment

check in the following folder for the plugin files

HomeSeer 3\Updates3\Insteon3.0.6.0

or

HomeSeer 3\Updates3\Zips
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark,
            Yes, I see these files.
            Where do I put them?

I found an install.txt file that looks like I need to create an html\images\insteon,16 folder?

A little confused about the comma (insteon,16).

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by swanie2000 View Post
              Hi Mark,
              Yes, I see these files.
              Where do I put them?

I found an install.txt file that looks like I need to create an html\images\insteon,16 folder?

A little confused about the comma (insteon,16).

Michael
              Ignore the ,16. Put files into similar locations. Put images in new folder
              I'll provide more details tomorrow if necessary.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks Mark,
                looks like it worked...

Comment

3.0.6.0 Issues

I just updated to*3.0.6.0 yesterday and a couple of issues have arisen.

1)*The*plug-in no longer can see my 2413U*PLM. Message is: WARNING: Please check the Interface and*enter the Interface Port information on the Config page and restart HS. I did have an intermittent problem with that PLM over the previous few days, so I've*proceeded as if it has failed completely.

On the assumption that my 2413U is failing, I*installed a*2413S on a*USB/RS-232 adapter and updated the port number. Plug-in does not see the PLM (same message). No error is thrown on HS3 start-up window.

I have a 2242-222 Insteon*hub which is apparently supported but I haven't been able to find an entry in the support threads that tells me the*correct syntax for userid and password and where to put it.

2) My leak detector entries got a bit scrambled. The heartbeat*entries all had floor and room information stripped.

I have 69*Insteon devices so this is a bit of a hardship.

Comment

Update to*3.0.6.0 issues

OK. Got*the Insteon hub working as a PLM now and everything is working. Terrific!!! I'm very pleased, Mark, that you went to the trouble*of enabling the hub in your plug-in. Thanks!!!!

PS. This also cleaned up my device list.

Comment

Just wanted to clarify this line of the release notes:
                      Added Heartbeat device and tracking for Motion Sensors fw 44+; please delete and re-register the MS
                      What is the best practice for "deleting and re-registering the MS?" I have many events utilizing the motion sensors and am trying to avoid rebuilding them or causing them to break.

Thanks
                      CJ

Comment

Originally posted by cjr18 View Post
                        Just wanted to clarify this line of the release notes:

What is the best practice for "deleting and re-registering the MS?" I have many events utilizing the motion sensors and am trying to avoid rebuilding them or causing them to break.

Thanks
                        CJ
                        try adding the following to the [device x] section for one motion sensor and restart the plugin and it should add the new hs device to monitor the heartbeat. if it works you can do the same for the others all at once.

RecreateDevice=1
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

It appears as though the Heartbeat device was already created for each of my motion sensors upon utilizing the "RecreateDevices=1" in the Config section (as instructed to do above); funny enough it is labeled erroneously as "Battery Level". Does this mean that no further actions are necessary for this plugin update?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cjr18 View Post
                            It appears as though the Heartbeat device was already created for each of my motion sensors upon utilizing the "RecreateDevices=1" in the Config section (as instructed to do above); funny enough it is labeled erroneously as "Battery Level". Does this mean that no further actions are necessary for this plugin update?

Thanks
                            you should be fine. can you post a screen shot of the hs devices for a given motion sensor
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Screenshot posted...note that I already manually changed the label from "Battery Level" to "Heartbeat" from within the plugin. However, I still have to rename the Location label (it changed to "Device 20 Location" after the update)
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X