Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barry Gordon View Post
    The following does not work or is incorrct:

Device Action. If I attempt to perform a device action from the devices web page (e.g. Office Desk Light - on or off) the first command to a device works fine. I can then issue a command to a different device. Subsequent commands to the same device do not work. I do believe if I wait long enough (600 seconds?) It gets to a point where the next command to the same device works.

I have attached a log file of the run. The turning On of the Office Desk Light I think appears at line 25298. I never see the turning off entry although I did command it to go off from the device status page
    The plug-in does look for confirmation that a command completed and that does have a timeout and if it times out, it will attempt to send the command again. That's supposed to happen in a background thread and shouldn't block other commands. But I don't think that's what's happening, at least the log doesn't support that.

From the log I see:

7:26:27 Sending DON, 255 to Guest/Hall Light Attempt 0
    7:26:27 Command for Guest/Hall Light finished and removed from queue.

7:26:47 Sending DON, 255 to Office/Desk Light Attempt 0
    7:26:47 Command for Office/Desk Light finished and removed from queue.

There are a couple of other commands before that to set variables but I don't see anywhere else in the log where HS invoked the plug-in to send commands. Less than a minute after the Office/Desk light is turned on, it looks like HS was shutdown.

Now I don't think HS will invoke the plug-in if you try to set a value that's already set. I.E. If HS thinks the device is off and try to turn it off. I do see the plug-in calling HS to set the device value for both the commands above so that looks correct.

Basically, from the log, it looks like everything happened that was supposed to happen.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

I believe I have z-wave thermostat working, but not all features are supported. At least the plug-in shouldn't crash/fail when they are present.

I have not been able to duplicate the issue with the second command to a device failing. I'm going to do some testing with 4.3.1 firmware and release a version with the z-wave thermostat fix.

Barry, At this point I don't know what else I can do to debug the problem you're seeing. If you can provide a step-by-step with device details of how to reproduce it, I'll give that try.
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I have worked through most of the issues. I suggest the following changes (some Cosmetic) to the HS2 version. I know HS2 is EOL but there are many out there still using it as it is very stable.

On the "ISY Insteon Thermostats" webpage:

1) Change it to "ISY Thermostats"
        2) Eliminate the MultiLevel Sensor as a "Thermostat". The values shown for the Heat and cool setpoints make no sense (9 degrees)
        3) Do not divide the reported temp by 2 as the Z-Wave Tstats return the true temperature
        4) For the thermostats the system shows 9 degrees for some of the the setpoints, but not all, (cool and heat). The ISY admin console shows the correct values.

The thermostat data is correct on the Insteon Status Page, just not correct on the web page used to control things like the setpoints.

The issue with two commands being executed from the Device status web page seems to have something to do with a page refresh of that page. I had the page auto refresh set to 0 which inhibits a page refresh. If I change to non zero or just refresh the page, than the next command to change and ISY device works. I have set it to 1 as that seems to work for now, but I do not understand why a page refresh should be necessary.

I can live with it as it is, but I suspect you are like me and don't like thinks looking half done. I don't think most of them will be a big deal, except for the page refresh issue.

Barry Gordon

Comment

I have worked through most of the issues. I suggest the following changes (some Cosmetic) to the HS2 version. I know HS2 is EOL but there are many out there still using it as it is very stable.
          The HS2 plug-in isn't EOL, just that new features for it are low priority at this time. Issue resolution is still a priority.

1) Change it to "ISY Thermostats"
          Good idea. I'll make that change

2) Eliminate the MultiLevel Sensor as a "Thermostat". The values shown for the Heat and cool setpoints make no sense (9 degrees)
          I'd need to know what differentiates a multilevel sensor from a thermostat. I'll see if I can find this info. Apparently they do fall under the same z-wave class.

3) Do not divide the reported temp by 2 as the Z-Wave Tstats return the true temperature
          4) For the thermostats the system shows 9 degrees for some of the the setpoints, but not all, (cool and heat). The ISY admin console shows the correct values.
          Are you using the new version that posted or the test version? I thought I had these issues fixed in the new version I downloaded. If you haven't downloaded that, please try it and let me know if this is still a problem.

The issue with two commands being executed from the Device status web page seems to have something to do with a page refresh of that page. I had the page auto refresh set to 0 which inhibits a page refresh. If I change to non zero or just refresh the page, than the next command to change and ISY device works. I have set it to 1 as that seems to work for now, but I do not understand why a page refresh should be necessary.
          I don't have any control over what happens with page refreshes, that's all HomeSeer. Like I mentioned before, your log file didn't show that the plug-in received any command requests from HomeSeer. It looks like HomeSeer isn't ignoring multiple commands to the same device when refresh is 0.
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I am using the test version. Where do I find the new version you downloaded, and is there a build number or something similar so I can be sure I have the correct one.

When I pull the nodes from the ISY on my iPad system, the node for the Z-wave thermostat and the Z-wave multisensor have a new property called devType. I assume it is there for all Z-Wave devices. It is documented in the 4.2.30 wdsl documentation under family 4. the value is held in the devtype.cat property. devType has subproperties, the one of interest being cat. If the cat value is 140 it is a thermostat. The multilevel sensor has a value of 118. I disregard the multilevel sensor on my iPad work.

Hope that helps.

Comment

I just downloaded and installed the 1.0.4.23 version from the forum. The temps in the Insteon status are off by a factor of 2. If I look at the ISY Insteon Thermostat control web page, they are off by a factor of 2 also, AND the setpoints show values like 9 degrees. The ISY admin page shows the correct values.

Also the HS log file shows a line stating:
              **** Thermostat units are:
              With no value (celsius or Fahrenheit) displayed. I believe this comes into the log file when the thermostat control web page is displayed.

Comment

Can you down load the 1.0.4.24 version I just uploaded? It sounds like the installer may not have actually overridden the test version since they were the same version number.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Much Better. On the thermostat control web page one of the stats is not showing state, (Cooling) but that nay be due to it not yet having changed, although you should have picked it up on the output from the initial subscription transmission. It corrected itself after a few moments. The admin console shows the state for off as "Idle" but I think "Off" is fine.

There is a flood of messages to the log file on startup. They are all of the form:

*WARNING* Trying to use Capability n to get id for device xxxxxx multilevel sensor

where n varies between 1 and 7, and xxxxxx is the name assigned to the multilevel sensor.

Thanks for addressing this in your prompt fashion!

Comment

There is a flood of messages to the log file on startup. They are all of the form:

*WARNING* Trying to use Capability n to get id for device xxxxxx multilevel sensor

where n varies between 1 and 7, and xxxxxx is the name assigned to the multilevel sensor.
                    I suspect this is because the multilevel sensor was previously added to HS as a thermostat. If you delete those devices from HS and restart it should go away. Note that I don't have any support in the plug-in for multilevel sensors so it probably won't work correctly in plug-in.
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Working...
                    X