Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John245 View Post
    Randy,

I cleared the browsers cache (chrome). But the issue is still there. Are you also able to create new events?

---

John
    Yes, that event and the resultant chart I posted above are both new today under 1.0.8.0.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post
      This is the text in the LOG

Mar-04 9:28:56 PM Error Device History: Device Location/Name lookup failed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      Mar-04 9:28:44 PM Error Device History: Device Location/Name lookup failed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      I have had that on a couple of occasions, I would be interested if Shill has an idea how to fix it. I fixed it by backing up my config, deleting all of my devices, purging the database, stopping the plug-in, restoring the config and restarting the plug-in. I lost all of my historical data, but everything was happy again. It happened about July and December of last year. I think the database became corrupted.

You can probably use some SQLlite tools to check and repair it.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Error on Restart 1.0.8

I really like the plugin. I am running HS3-PI2 and get this error on startup. I was on 1.0.6 and had the same error. I thought the new version may fix it.

But anyway, here is the error in the plugin.

WARNING: Failed getting Interface Status from Device History - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

Here is the error in the HS3 log.

Initializing plug-in(2): Device History Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an objectSTACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000] in :0

If I disable the plugin and then enable it again then it works with no errors.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Comment

Originally posted by rich_jones123 View Post
          I really like the plugin. I am running HS3-PI2 and get this error on startup. I was on 1.0.6 and had the same error. I thought the new version may fix it.

But anyway, here is the error in the plugin.

WARNING: Failed getting Interface Status from Device History - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

Here is the error in the HS3 log.

Initializing plug-in(2): Device History Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an objectSTACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000] in :0

If I disable the plugin and then enable it again then it works with no errors.

Let me know if you need any more info.
          I remember fixing that in 1.0.5, but that's the version that didn't get all checked in before I had a hard drive crash, hence all the regression issues in 1.0.6, .7 and .8. Fortunately, this afternoon I was able to find a backup copy of that stuff, so I did some file compares and put in the 1.0.5 fixes to wrap all this mess up.

1.0.9 was just put up and should address this, though it was a sporadic issue that depended on timing, so I can't prove it's fixed on my own system...

Sorry for the trouble!

Comment

That fixed it.

Thanks, that did it. I restarted HS3 and Device History started normally with no errors.

So I guess, as a programmer, having your drive crash is a "worst nightmare" level event. Well, its out of the way now.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              I have had that on a couple of occasions, I would be interested if Shill has an idea how to fix it. I fixed it by backing up my config, deleting all of my devices, purging the database, stopping the plug-in, restoring the config and restarting the plug-in. I lost all of my historical data, but everything was happy again. It happened about July and December of last year. I think the database became corrupted.

You can probably use some SQLlite tools to check and repair it.
              Shill,

Updated to 1.0.9. Issue was still there.

Selected "Device history\Device History Config", pressed
              "save settings" and that did the trick.

---
              John

Comment

Shill,
                The version 1.0.9 works fine. Thanks.

Is there a way to compact database once device history purged ?
                It seems that is doesn't reduce space disk used.

Comment

Working...
                X