Smartstick+ not seeing Leviton DZPD3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smartstick+ not seeing Leviton DZPD3

I'm a beginner. I thought I would start with a simple device like turning a light on.

Using HS3 Pro 3.0.0.258
    Bought Smartstick+
    Configured the Zwave Plugin and added the interface = Node 1

I can not seem to add the node. When adding the node I get "a node failed".
    I read some other threads and noted that someone was successful changing to COM1. Did that with no luck,
    Can someone send this rookie some advice?

Thanks
    Mike

When you start HS3 is your smartstick initialized correctly? Look at Plugins > Manage to see if the interface is initializing. Also check the log file for any errors.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No errors in the log file. My Nest device is picked up.

Comment

I found these errors in the log file.
        Apr-11 8:42:43 PM Z-Wave Error Error reported in the Add Node response object - Add Node failed.
        Apr-11 8:40:04 PM Z-Wave Error Error reported in the Add Node response object - Add Node failed.
        Apr-11 8:38:10 PM Z-Wave Error Error in PluginProc: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
        Apr-11 8:38:09 PM Z-Wave Error Error in PluginProc: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Comment

Originally posted by MGustus View Post
          I'm a beginner. I thought I would start with a simple device like turning a light on.

Using HS3 Pro 3.0.0.258
          Bought Smartstick+
          Configured the Zwave Plugin and added the interface = Node 1

I can not seem to add the node. When adding the node I get "a node failed".
          I read some other threads and noted that someone was successful changing to COM1. Did that with no luck,
          Can someone send this rookie some advice?

Thanks
          Mike
          Google "Smartstick+ video" and watch that. Then make sure your SmartStick+ is properly initialized before adding the Leviton switch.

Comment

Thanks Mark. I'll look at that and the other videos. Seems to be properly initialized as I'm not seeing any errors in the log that would indicate an error on the ZWave plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by MGustus View Post
              Thanks Mark. I'll look at that and the other videos. Seems to be properly initialized as I'm not seeing any errors in the log that would indicate an error on the ZWave plugin.
              Then try excluding/deleting the switch first to fully erase the Z-wave module in it and then try the inclusion again.

Comment

Thanks Mark. I tried that with no success. I'm going over to a friends house and try and add the Leviton DZPD3 to his network. This will rule out the Leviton DZPD3.

Mike

Comment

I thought I would post a solution. Remember my beginning sentence? "I'm a beginner." This is a prime example. I did not "push the button after adding the node". That was it. Rupp and Mark thanks for taking the time and helping me.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X