This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart Home Skill is live!

The final SmartHome skill has been released, see forum for details.

http://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1495
    Last edited by rjh; July 26, 2016, 03:36 PM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Thanks, what are the changes?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes release notes would be nice. Granted we have to get it anyways if we wanna use echo, knowing what's changed is always a good thing

Comment

No changes, this is just the official release from Amazon so it appears in the Alexa app for everyone.

Comment

Two Echo profiles

Rich, one issue which you might not have seen is that it does not work across Echo profiles. Any thoughts on a work around?

Comment

Please explain what echo profiles are?

Originally posted by crhodes View Post
            Rich, one issue which you might not have seen is that it does not work across Echo profiles. Any thoughts on a work around?

Comment

Echo Profiles

the Alexas can have more than one user profile, for example my wife and I each have prime accounts and by saying Alexa Switch Profile, it switches back and forth between them so she can play her music and order her stuff and so on.

The Hue home and others work on both profiles but the homeseer skill seems to only work on one. The other gives you the dreaded "This does not work on that device" voice.

I think it might be that the myhs service is limiting the access. Not sure.

Thanks for taking a look.

Comment

Could this sticky post be changed.
                It refers to a plugin that is not called 'Smart Home'
                And as the new V3 Alexa plugin is Called 'HomeSeer SmartHome' it gets confusing.

Comment

So "Homeseer Smarthome" is the new v3 skill?

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
                    So "Homeseer Smarthome" is the new v3 skill?

Correct. But this tread has been about the v2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I think it makes sense to move this discussion to a new thread that is specific to the new V3 API. Please post further issues/questions here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...98#post1346198

Comment

Working...
                      X