Aeon Zstick on HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon Zstick on HS3

I have two homes each with separate HS systems that I recently migrated from HS2 to HS3. One of the homes is now using a Znet controller while the other still uses an Aeon Zstick. I am now at the home which still uses the Zstick and I have with me the old surplus Zstick from my other network. I really want a second Zstick as a backup for this home which still uses the Zstick; I have been on HS long enough to understand that everything eventually fails. Questions:

1) Can I unplug the operating Zstick, plug in the surplus Zstick and use the Zwave tool "Erase the Controller"? I got spooked by the message that said it would remove all the network devices; but then this controller is from a different network, so would it do anything to this network's devices? All I want is a clean Zstick.

2) Though I understand it was not possible in the past, it now appears there are some HS3 Zwave tools to copy the controller and restore to another controller; will this work to create a backup Zstick?
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Can anyone help?
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

There is an app from aeon labs to backup the stick but never used it.

Comment

Working...
      X