UltraLighting3 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slbuck View Post
    Turned out to be an issue with multicast and dhcp configuration on my wireless network. I had upgraded the software on my wireless controller and inadvertently broke multicast and DHCP which intermittently isolated the bulbs. After reverting back to the previous release, everything is working fine again.

FYI, if anyone is running a Virtual Wireless Controller from Cisco, don't upgrade to 8.2.110. Cisco removed all multi-cast and IGMP snooping support which breaks the LIFX bulbs. Looks like 8.1.131 is the latest that you can run and still support the LIFX bulbs.
    It looks like multicast is supported in 8.2 and later, but only for flexconnect locally switched SSIDs. My SSID was configured for central switching through the controller and so the bulbs went offline. As soon as I changed the SSID over to flexconnect locally switched, the bulbs came back online and I can control them again. Just make sure you allow the SSID's VLAN on the trunk configuration for the AP uplink.

Comment

Does this plugin works for the strip? The LIFX-Z?

I installed the plugin last night and never could get the plugin to recognize the strip? I didn't purchase, just trial for now.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NickTheGreat View Post
        Does this plugin works for the strip? The LIFX-Z?

I installed the plugin last night and never could get the plugin to recognize the strip? I didn't purchase, just trial for now.

Thanks
        I've got two of the Zs and they're working fine with the plugin. I've found the Zs a little unstable on Wi-Fi and have to reboot them occasionally to get them back online. The plugin should automatically recognize them and you should see them listed on the plugin status page.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got two of the Zs and they're working fine with the plugin. I've found the Zs a little unstable on Wi-Fi and have to reboot them occasionally to get them back online. The plugin should automatically recognize them and you should see them listed on the plugin status page.

I installed the plugin and it sure isn't "recognizing" anything automatically.

Do I need to setup the LIFX lights after I've installed the plugin?

I have my HS computer on the same wifi network as the LIFX. And my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by NickTheGreat View Post
            I installed the plugin and it sure isn't "recognizing" anything automatically.

Do I need to setup the LIFX lights after I've installed the plugin?

I have my HS computer on the same wifi network as the LIFX. And my phone.
            Make sure that all your bulbs are already configured with your phone and claimed to your account.

Comment

Make sure that all your bulbs are already configured with your phone and claimed to your account.

I thank you for that. I did not know what you meant by "claiming" the bulb, but I did that and HS sees it now.

Appreciate the advice kind stranger

Comment

Error message in Log

See jpeg attachment. It keeps saying the file is in use by another process. Please advise. I restart the plugin and it keeps doing this everyday.

Current Date/Time: 2/12/2017 9:26:25 PM
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297
                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 1 Minute 11 Seconds
                IP Address: 192.168.1.3
                Number of Devices: 92
                Number of Events: 44
                Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
                3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
                1.0.16323.357: MyQ
                3.0.0.21: Nest
                3.0.0.11: NetCAM
                3.0.6234.20252: UltraLighting3
                3.0.1.93: Z-Wave
                Attached Files

Comment

Alexa Support

Does Alexa work natively with the plugin as far as on/off? Or do you have to say "Alex tell homeseer to turn on..."?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob2791 View Post
                    Does Alexa work natively with the plugin as far as on/off? Or do you have to say "Alex tell homeseer to turn on..."?
                    Yes, it should natively work without having to say "Alexa, Tell HomeSeer to ..." provided you have the correct HomeSeer skill loaded within Alexa.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones
                    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Themes?

Are the LIFX themes in their phone app ever destined to be part of this plug-in?

It would be great to be able set a group of lights to a theme.

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
                        Are the LIFX themes in their phone app ever destined to be part of this plug-in?

It would be great to be able set a group of lights to a theme.
                        Themes are not listed in the LIFX API. I posted a query on the LIFX forum to see if the publish the settings associated with their color themes.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones
                        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

EXCELLENT!

Great! Thanks! Hopefully they will accommodate.

Once a theme is set up, sending the command to run that theme again just changes which lights are what colors of that theme. It is a cool effect. It would be great to have that automated every so often.

Thank you very kindly for creating this plug-in! it has allowed us to do some neat things around our home.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
                            Great! Thanks! Hopefully they will accommodate.

Once a theme is set up, sending the command to run that theme again just changes which lights are what colors of that theme. It is a cool effect. It would be great to have that automated every so often.

Thank you very kindly for creating this plug-in! it has allowed us to do some neat things around our home.

Rob
                            Hi Rob,

Someone on the LIFX forum posted a response to my query and mentioned I should RTFM. His response appears to have killed the thread. This person assumed I never read the API documentation. Anyway, it doesn't sound like my query will get the response I was hoping for.
                            Last edited by Ultrajones; May 20, 2017, 08:08 PM.

Comment

After all the work done on this plug-in, I bet you could recite the manual to them... That seems like an odd response from a company...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X