Z-net Cycling Red/Green LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-net Cycling Red/Green LED

I've got a V1 Z-Net that has started cycling between green and red LED and giving an error message in the HS log. It seems to connect and disconnect with HS every 2 minutes

Z-NetHouse: Exception transmitting to IP 192.168.0.135: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

This all started when I added a second Z-Net. It does work if I catch it between its cycling. I've got a continuous ping going to it and that shows no connectivity problems. I've tried it on a different network port and I've got it hooked up to my TV watching the console... not doing anything.

sigh... just can't seem to win with this stuff. Whack-a-mole.

any ideas of things to try? Where to get logs from the device?

FWIW - seems I've worked around this by sending a poll command to a Z-Wave node every minute.

I have to assume hardware failure.

This one lasted 13 months. Another $150 for a $30 raspberry pi. Ordered another from Amazon.

Comment

That message means that the znet is timing out the TCP transmission from the Homeseer host. If you are running the latest firmware, the timeout is set for 60 seconds.
      This is only occurring on one of the two Z-Net's? What firmware version is running on the one with the problem (firmware version is displayed on the web management page). Latest is 1.0.22 for the v1.
      Does the problem znet show up on find.homeseer.com? Is it's networking configured for DHCP or static?

Comment

If it's a V1 Z-Net, you might not be able to put the SD card into a Pi3 and have it boot. It's worth a try, though. If it doesnt boot, just ask HST for a Z-Net image for a Pi3 to write to your new hardware. Should be fine.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

It LOOKS like an upgrade to the Z-Wave plugin solved the issue. I must have updated the V1 firmware during all the reshuffling of devices and that is what introduced the change that caused the issue.

Really frustrating bug... I'll call that a "hobbyist bug" as no normal person would have dealt with all that I did last night to troubleshoot.

I'm just kind of shaking my head wondering how this stuff is going to survive against the impending wave of home auto tech for the masses from larger companies if proper regression testing isn't done.

Comment

Also - really appreciate the responses and help. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X