Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the z-wave plugin have something against battery status? - Solution!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you enable the device logging you can see the actual value that Z-Wave is reporting, I cannot think of any reason the value would be wrong. I will put a Z-Wave sniffer on my Ecolink sensors and verify the value.

Originally posted by jhirschhorn View Post
    Makes sense what you are saying. I too see 100% and an updated timestamp in my HS system and logs, but these very same sensors used to report correct, and "decreasing over time" battery values in Vera less than a year ago. All I did was drop Vera Edge and migrate everything over to HS earlier this year (a decision I'm glad to have made BTW). Just seems silly that if even Vera can get battery status correct, why can't Homesser?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      I am sure the issue is with the sensor. If HS says it was updated and it reports 100%, then the sensor reported 100%. In my home I have some Ecolink tilt sensors on my garage and 2 of them still report 100% and they have been installed for over a year! I looked at the raw data from the sensor and it really is reporting a value of 100.

You can enable device logging in the Z-Wave plugin (click on the plugin name on the plugins page), and then you can see the actual value being reported.
      Rich, did you ever get this working on the Ecolink tilt sensors? I have the same problem and am on the latest beta.

Comment

I have 3 Ecolink tilt sensors. Check the device properties and uncheck the setting "Do not update device last change time
        if device value does not change" This will cause the last change time of the battery device to update when it is set, even if it does not change. You can then verify that the value is being reported. Mine all report, although they don't change much.

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
        Rich, did you ever get this working on the Ecolink tilt sensors? I have the same problem and am on the latest beta.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have 3 Ecolink tilt sensors. Check the device properties and uncheck the setting "Do not update device last change time
          if device value does not change" This will cause the last change time of the battery device to update when it is set, even if it does not change. You can then verify that the value is being reported. Mine all report, although they don't change much.
          How about Ecolink motion sensor? Any tips on settings? I have only one; it's been at 100% since installed in July.

On the Z-wave tab is this message:
          Error: The device Sensor Garage Battery is not a normally listening node, and an attempt to communicate with it has failed. To use the functions on this page, please make sure the device is awake and ready to receive a command prior to selecting the function buttons below.
          I've never figured out how to wake it up though...

Comment

all are already unchecked on parent and all child devices.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
              How about Ecolink motion sensor? Any tips on settings? I have only one; it's been at 100% since installed in July.
              Try setting the polling Interval on the battery child to something less than 12 hours. Mine poll between 11 and 11 and 3/4 hours and they report properly.

Michael
              Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
                Try setting the polling Interval on the battery child to something less than 12 hours. Mine poll between 11 and 11 and 3/4 hours and they report properly.
                Thanks, I'll give this a try.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                  Thanks, I'll give this a try.
                  same

Comment

When this information is in the log:

Znet: Device (Node 30) woke up and Poll Device for Batteries Laundry Room Water Leak Alarm Battery was successfully sent.

does this mean that the device woke up and that HS received some response?

I see this information but this device never reports battery status. And, there is no response in the log.

Michael
                    Michael

Comment

I have replaced a couple of battery powered sensors by using the replace node function. When I do, the battery status fails to updated. If I remove the node and include a new node, the battery status works fine.

Is there a work around to have HS send a wake up programming instruction the same way it does when including a new device? It seems that this may be the problem.

Michael
                      Michael

Comment

I have a couple Aeotec Multisensor 6s where the battery status doesn't update. I've tried everything recommended in this thread (disabling "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:" on the battery node and reducing the battery polling interval to below the root device wake up time) and nothing has worked.

The sensors are displaying battery level at 100% the entire time, even when the batteries have died, lol.

Both sensors are on version 1.07.

Anything else I should try?

HomeTroller SEL v3.0.0.318
                        Zwave v3.0.0.318
                        Mono 3.28

Comment

Were do I change the wake up time? What I read on this thread is that it should be in the root device setting. As you can see in this picture it's not there.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
                            Were do I change the wake up time? What I read on this thread is that it should be in the root device setting. As you can see in this picture it's not there.

The device has to support the wake-up command class for that to appear. Looks like your device is a lock, which does not use that. Locks use beaming technology instead.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
                            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                              The device has to support the wake-up command class for that to appear. Looks like your device is a lock, which does not use that. Locks use beaming technology instead.

So is there anyway to get locks to report proper battery levels. They have been installed for several years and have had to changed the batteries before. One of them was changed yesterday. Every time I have ever check the battery levels they have always shown 40%. Even with new batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
                                So is there anyway to get locks to report proper battery levels. They have been installed for several years and have had to changed the batteries before. One of them was changed yesterday. Every time I have ever check the battery levels they have always shown 40%. Even with new batteries.

What kind of locks? I have 3 Kwikset deadbolts and they report battery levels properly. Have you tried rescanning the lock? If that doesn't work, try deleting the battery child device before rescanning.

HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
                                X