This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLM Locks up

I'm setting up a new enviroment (after the PC that ran HS for years died...) anyway, I thought this would be a great chance to move from the PLC to the PLM becuase I was starting from scratch.

I have some devices on circut that I know has a some comm problems, but has been very workable with the PLC.

With the PLM it was VERY difficult to get my Keypadlinc connected to HS. Once I did get it registered I can communicate with it no problem. OK here is my problem...

Seems to be after a bunch of bad communication (trying to download lincs,etc) I then notice that Inseton is just hosed on any device. So, I restart HS. On closing HS it just hangs on last log entry of "Insteon shutting down". I then have to use task manager to kill HS. During Insteon init on startup, I get an error that it could not communicate to my PLM.

If I unplug the PLM then plug it back in re-start HS then everything is OK. This has happend a few times. I'm running PLM Rev 2.2 and Firmware 4A. Has anyone else seen anything like this? Am I on the correct rev and firmware?

Update - Looks like it does not have to be bad transmitions for it to lock up... It just keeps locking up after a few minutes of use. I have to unplug the PLM and plug it back in..... Very annoying. Should I go back to PLC before I get to far with my new installation? Does the SDM work on Vista?

Thanks.
    Last edited by chadg; September 30, 2007, 04:41 PM. Reason: Update

Bump - Any comments on this? Is no one else having lockups? Should I maybe replace the PLM? It is driving me nuts. Locking up a few times a night. I have to unplug it and plug it back in then restart the plugin.......

Thanks.

Comment

I am having PLM lockups also. They happen after trying to read links from any device with less than 95% comms, but do not happen with the 100% comms devices. The indicator light just stays steady dim no matter what.

The problem just started after some storms and power outages. The other thing the changed is that one of the UPS in the house went bad so I have that PC plugged in directly now.

I suspect that my lockups are due to noise rather than bad hardware at this point, but have had no time to play yet. I do know that just unplugging the PLM for a few seconds resets the problem.

Comment

Sounds exactly like my problem. At least I'm not alone. I'm going to see if SH will give me a replacement and see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by chadg View Post
          Sounds exactly like my problem. At least I'm not alone. I'm going to see if SH will give me a replacement and see if that helps.
          Update: I removed 20 or so X10 devices from the house and replaced them with Insteon. I think one of the X10 devices was causing a problem. I can still make the PLM lock up if I induce comm problems, but have had no lock ups in over a week with 60 insteon devices running at about 99% comm.

Of course, I don't doubt that it will lock up some time.

Comment

Working...
          X