HAI Code Changes for Omnistat2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kirby View Post
    I have translated the HSPI_SAMPLE from VB to C#. I have been trying to post the project on the HS3 plugin forum but am having difficulty uploading the zip file.

Using the HSPI_SAMPLE_CS as a base, I have begun implementing the omnistat plugin. The plugin is creating thirteen devices so far for each thermostat. I need to add a couple more status devices and the devices for occupancy programming if selected.

Next, I will add the configuration web pages. Then I will be able to start integrating in AO!'s software.
    that's great news. let us know if we can help
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I have translated the HSPI_SAMPLE from VB to C#. I have been trying to post the project on the HS3 plugin forum but am having difficulty uploading the zip file.

Using the HSPI_SAMPLE_CS as a base, I have begun implementing the omnistat plugin. The plugin is creating thirteen devices so far for each thermostat. I need to add a couple more status devices and the devices for occupancy programming if selected.

Next, I will add the configuration web pages. Then I will be able to start integrating in AO!'s software.
      any updates to report?

can i request whole numbers for temperature settings?

the strange temperature settings (with decimal places) in the hs plugin are annoying. they don't match the tstat display.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Most of the plugin is together. I still need to implement the occupancy programming for the thermostats that don't natively support it (non RC-1000 & RC-2000). Also I need to implement the initial setup. I have taken a little rest from it so that I could bring up my home in HS3. That way I will be able to more thoroughly test the plugin.

The fahrenheit display is in whole degrees. Celsius is in .5 degrees. The Fahrenheit is below. Also you can tell the devices that are created.

Kirby
        Attached Files

Comment

Kirby,
          Very impressive. Looking forward to testing for you. I have two RC2000 units: one is on a heat pump and one is on a typical gas furnace.

does the rc2000 indicate when aux heat is active? it would be something that I'm interested in tracking.

what's "occupancy programming "? does the stat have something natively built in?
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,
            Your setup would be a good test.1) You have multiple thermostats. 2) They are different system configurations. On your heat pump, the Mode device would have an extra button for emergency heat. If emergency heat is activated, it will say "EM. Heat" for the status of the Current Mode State Device.

Your RC-2000 has occupancy as an option. If you want to check it out, you would go into Setup in the main menu; select installation settings; select continue on the warning; select program settings; select occupancy.

After you return to the main display, press the knob; select program. You will see a screen to set heat & cool settings for day, night, away, and vacation.

On the main screen, you will see the current occupancy mode in the upper right corner.

I'm not sure how you change the current occupancy on the thermostat. I have been changing it from the plugin.

I'll let you know when I have a version available for testing. It will probably be the later part of August.

Kirby

Comment

Kirby,

Great to see that you are making progress! If I might be a little selfish, I hope that you will implement recording 2nd stage cooling and the ability to change the screen color based on other events (temp, stage, etc.) These are the two main reasons I was trying to rewrite the backend code for HS.

Comment

Hi AO!,
                I can add 2nd stage H/C to the Mode State Device. This would allow you to trigger an event based on it.

Also I have confirmed that I can change the screen color/intensity on a RC-1000/2000. Here is a question for you. The color is a range from 1-100 and the intensity is a range from 1-10. It seems to me that it would be more user friendly to provide 6-8 predefined colors in the UI. Also, maybe only three intensities. We could have two devices(1 for color and 1 for intensity) or a single device with the options combined (Light Blue - High Intensity;Light Blue - Medium Intensity;Light Blue - Low Intensity; etc.)

If you like the idea of predefined colors/intensities, provide be with the color name/value and intensity name /value that you want defined.

BTW How are your HS3 exploits going?

Kirby

Comment

Looks great. Thanks for you hard work. I have never found the time to dig into this as I had hoped. This is one of the last pieces needed for me to make the HS3 transition.

Is there any chance that you would also be willing to support the older RC-80 units with this? There isn't much difference other than the hold settings and recognizing which units are single stage, heat only, etc. I have about 12-14 of the RC-80 units around the house and I'd really, really like to have them working. I'm happy to come up with a table of which model numbers have which features if that would help. Actually, I think this is mostly in the code that I bought from HS.

Anyway, great work.

Comment

Originally posted by acromion View Post
                    Looks great. Thanks for you hard work. I have never found the time to dig into this as I had hoped. This is one of the last pieces needed for me to make the HS3 transition.

Is there any chance that you would also be willing to support the older RC-80 units with this? There isn't much difference other than the hold settings and recognizing which units are single stage, heat only, etc. I have about 12-14 of the RC-80 units around the house and I'd really, really like to have them working. I'm happy to come up with a table of which model numbers have which features if that would help. Actually, I think this is mostly in the code that I bought from HS.

Anyway, great work.
                    doesn't the current hs3 hai stat plugin support the rc80? i'm currently using that plugin with my rc2000 units for now
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Acromion,
                      I have a mixed bag of RC-80, RC-100, RC-1000, and RC2000 myself. These are the thermostats that are supported:
                      Code:
                      public enum OmniModels
                              {
                                  RC_80 = 0,
                                  RC_81 = 1,
                                  RC_90 = 8,
                                  RC_91 = 9,
                                  RC_100 = 16,
                                  RC_101 = 17,
                                  RC_112 = 34,
                                  RC_120 = 48,
                                  RC_121 = 49,
                                  RC_122 = 50,
                                  RC_1000 = 110,
                                  RC_2000 = 120
                              }
                      Kirby

Comment

Hi AO!,
                        I can add 2nd stage H/C to the Mode State Device. This would allow you to trigger an event based on it.

Also I have confirmed that I can change the screen color/intensity on a RC-1000/2000. Here is a question for you. The color is a range from 1-100 and the intensity is a range from 1-10. It seems to me that it would be more user friendly to provide 6-8 predefined colors in the UI. Also, maybe only three intensities. We could have two devices(1 for color and 1 for intensity) or a single device with the options combined (Light Blue - High Intensity;Light Blue - Medium Intensity;Light Blue - Low Intensity; etc.)

If you like the idea of predefined colors/intensities, provide be with the color name/value and intensity name /value that you want defined.

BTW How are your HS3 exploits going?

Kirby
                        I like the idea of named colors (maybe red, yellow, green, blue, purple) but I would put those into a config file so that someone could change the numbers. I would leave the intensity as a stand alone...I don't recell programming in the intensity

I have HS3 running on a virtual box right now...I'm hoping that in a couple of weeks that I might actually get a weekend off to work on HS.

Comment

Below is how the display color/intensity is implemented. The values are stored in the INI file so that adjustments can be made.

Kirby
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Acromion,
                            I have a mixed bag of RC-80, RC-100, RC-1000, and RC2000 myself. These are the thermostats that are supported:
                            Code:
                            public enum OmniModels
                                    {
                                        RC_80 = 0,
                                        RC_81 = 1,
                                        RC_90 = 8,
                                        RC_91 = 9,
                                        RC_100 = 16,
                                        RC_101 = 17,
                                        RC_112 = 34,
                                        RC_120 = 48,
                                        RC_121 = 49,
                                        RC_122 = 50,
                                        RC_1000 = 110,
                                        RC_2000 = 120
                                    }
                            Kirby
                            Thanks Kirby that is great. I could use the provided HS3 code for my RC-80 units and your code for the RC-2000s but then I would need two serial ports and I would have two separate systems to trouble shoot.

I have yet to find the time to try it but it looks great. I only use all the thermostats for zoned heat so it will be winter before this percolates to the top of the priority list.

Comment

Are you currently supporting the outdoor temperature feature of the thermostats. This value can be set in the homeseer plugin so that the thermostats display the outdoor temp. With the newer thermostats, it should be possible to read the variable which is useful if you have connected an external temperature sensor to the thermostat.

Comment

I will be supporting outside temperature from a HS device that you specify on the configuration page. It will be set on all thermostats via a broadcast message.

The biggest problem that I am having now is coding the web page (not my strong suit)

Comment

Working...
                                X