Hacs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hacs

Does anyone know if HACS is still in business? While items are listed on the site, you can't purchase anything. Emails to the HACS sales are not being answered. I am very interested in purchasing the AB8SS switch.

Im interested too...
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Comment

Ray, the owner/developer of HACS sends out an email about once a year on his status. The latest was he was looking for capital to make more products. At this point I would say it's over as he hasn't built any hardware in a while. His stuff is good if you can get it though.
        Last edited by Rupp; January 1, 2012, 12:47 AM.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Ray, the owner/developer of HACS sends out an email about once a year on his status. The latest was he was look for capital to make more products. At this point I would say it's over as he hasn't built any hardware in a while. His stuff is good if you can get it though.
          Just to confirm, I was in communication with Ray and got the same info. Bottom line, he needs some serious investment capital to get another batch of the ab8ss's produced and/or work on the modular units he has up on his site. Didnt sound promising. Designs and quality are great, havent found anything out there that is as reliable or affordable as the ab8ss. Bummer...
          HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

bummer

Comment

Im going to try to get Ray to make another batch. I have no idea what quantity would be required. I imaging we will need to pay in advance and then wait a while for them. I will be asking for 3. Is there anyone else that would be willing to pay in advance and then wait for them? How many?

Comment

I would pay in advance for 1.

Comment

I worked with Ray almost 4 years ago on getting him to run a batch of his ESS line. I arranged it all here on the board, and worked as the single point of contact with him in the process. Unfortunately that was the last big run of product he did. I wouldn't be surprised if, based on the way that one turned out, he was hesitant to do something similar again. Anyone interested in moving forward with the idea is welcome to contact me about it, to get a deeper perspective (home auto mator at gmail dot blah).

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=128282

Ian
                  Plugins:
                  BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I would be in for 1 AB8SS.

What of the ESS, any interest in those?

Btw, is Ray aware of project fundraising/crowdsourcing sites as Kickstarter.com or Indiegogo.com ? I'm sure he would raise the funds in no time through those channels with products as I've read he's made.
                    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Actually, change mine to two - definitely interested in 2...

Comment

I would be interested in 1 ... new or used

Comment

Put me down for 1

Comment

I really need one as well... Please let me know if you are looking to sell.
                            ---------------------------------------------------
                            Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
                            jean@vaneskahian.com
                            ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

Ab8ss

I'd pay for one or two in advance.

There is NOTHING like it ANYWHERE and it just works. I have one (got the last one in one of the early batches) and it gets a workout every day. I guess I have had it for 8 years now? Maybe more. Never even a hint of a hardware problem. AND.... Prior to that I had an expensive Monster Cable impedence matching 4 pair switch. It evidently did not do a great job matching impedence because I went through 2 amps with it. Since the AB8SS, I have been using an old $10 garage sale Technics ampllfier that I bought two days after I got my AB8SS just to get by until I bought a new amp. Still getting by with it! Ray makes good stuff!

Comment

Working...
                              X